Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

I'd definitely take him. We rely on Tiote's athleticism in midfield, if Reo-Coker's still as fast and strong as he used to be he'd be good CM cover.

Same, obviously he's not Tiote but he's better than any other backup we've got.

Thing is, he might want to go somewhere for first-team football after not featuring for Villa that much.

I'd definitely take him. We rely on Tiote's athleticism in midfield, if Reo-Coker's still as fast and strong as he used to be he'd be good CM cover.

Rio-Cocker is a shit player. He lacks football intelligence: passes to late and his passing skills are a disgrace. He tends to give the ball away in bad positions, or looses the ball when the team is in counterattack, either through a shit pass or because he runs with the ball too long.

Rio-Cocker is a s*** player. He lacks football intelligence: passes to late and his passing skills are a disgrace. He tends to give the ball away in bad positions, or looses the ball when the team is in counterattack, either through a s*** pass or because he runs with the ball too long.

Which still makes him better than Smith

Rio-Cocker is a shit player. He lacks football intelligence: passes to late and his passing skills are a disgrace. He tends to give the ball away in bad positions, or looses the ball when the team is in counterattack, either through a shit pass or because he runs with the ball too long.

I'll sum him up in six words for you

Tenacious tackler, shit footballer, can't pass.

Sell/release all the shite like Xisco, R.Taylor, Lovenkrands, Routledge and Perch. None of them are good enough. Smith, I'd keep until his contract expires in the summer of 2012. No-one will want him.

Decreases wage bill by around £115,000 a week, £5.9 million a year.

Let's say we raise £5 million from selling that lot ... £35 million in the bank to spend (inc. Carroll sale).

Bid £3 million for Van Aanholt, has familiarity with the club/area, will need someone relatively settled when Enrique is sold/goes on a free.

Bid £12 million for Kevin Gameiro, fast and a good finisher. Bellamy but better, without the attitude.

Bid £10 million for Youssef El-Arabi, depending on how he finishes the season and if Caen go down.

Ideally one of:

Bid £8 million, for Matt Jarvis, can play on either wing.

Bid £13 million for Adam Johnson, emphasise on him being a first-team player. Give the lad something to think about.

We'll need DM cover, someone like Reo-Coker would be adequate, bid of £2.5 million should do it.

Total - £33 million, around £150,000 added to the weekly wage bill - £7.8 million a year (only £2.6 million a year more than now if we can sell some of the deadwood).

All hypothetical of course ...

---------------------------- Harper ----------------------------

-- Simpson -- Williamson/Taylor -- Coloccini -- Enrique

-- Barton -------- Tiote ---------- Nolan ------------ Jarvis

--------------------------- Ben Arfa ---------------------------

--------------------------- Gameiro ---------------------------

Id be surprised if we got that lot for £150k per week

True, probably underestimated the wages a bit. Still;

Gameiro - £50,000

El Arabi - £38,000

Reo-Coker - £25,000

Van Aanholt - £17,000

Jarvis - £27,000

£157,000 a week?

Rio-Cocker is a s*** player. He lacks football intelligence: passes to late and his passing skills are a disgrace. He tends to give the ball away in bad positions, or looses the ball when the team is in counterattack, either through a s*** pass or because he runs with the ball too long.

I'll sum him up in six words for you

Tenacious tackler, s*** footballer, can't pass.

I applaud you!

Sell/release all the shite like Xisco, R.Taylor, Lovenkrands, Routledge and Perch. None of them are good enough. Smith, I'd keep until his contract expires in the summer of 2012. No-one will want him.

Let's say we raise £5 million from selling that lot ... £35 million in the bank to spend (inc. Carroll sale).

Bid £3 million for Van Aanholt, has familiarity with the club/area, will need someone relatively settled when Enrique is sold/goes on a free.

Bid £12 million for Kevin Gameiro, fast and a good finisher. Bellamy but better, without the attitude.

Bid £10 million for Youssef El-Arabi, depending on how he finishes the season and if Caen go down.

Ideally one of:

Bid £13 million for Adam Johnson, emphasise on him being a first-team player. Give the lad something to think about.

We'll need DM cover, someone like Reo-Coker would be adequate, bid of £2.5 million should do it.

Total - £33 million, around £150,000 added to the weekly wage bill - £7.8 million a year (only £2.6 million a year more than now if we can sell some of the deadwood).

Gameiro - £50,000

El Arabi - £38,000

Reo-Coker - £25,000

Van Aanholt - £17,000

Jarvis - £27,000

£157,000 a week?

Reo-Coker is on a lot more than that now, will be moving on a free transfer, and will therefore - as there is no fee involved - be looking for a sizeable signing on wedge, and a high wage, much more than 25k.

Ideally one of:

Gameiro - £50,000

El Arabi - £38,000

Reo-Coker - £25,000

Van Aanholt - £17,000

Jarvis - £27,000

£157,000 a week?

Reo-Coker is on a lot more than that now, will be moving on a free transfer, and will therefore - as there is no fee involved - be looking for a sizeable signing on wedge, and a high wage, much more than 25k.

No-one will pay him more than £30k a week ... saying that aren't Stoke paying all of Carew's reported £50k a week wage?

Gameiro better than Bellamy? Not yet.

He's got the potential to be a much better player than Bellamy.

Ideally one of:

Gameiro - £50,000

El Arabi - £38,000

Reo-Coker - £25,000

Van Aanholt - £17,000

Jarvis - £27,000

£157,000 a week?

No-one will pay him more than £30k a week ..

Some suckers will, which says all you need to know about the fuckwittedness of football clubs these days.

Don't forget - no fee, has value from the moment he signs a contract.

Reo-Coker is dog shit.

We shouldn't be looking for "cover" or "squad players", that's not how it works. We should be looking for players to compete with Tiote for that position (as hard as that will be). If we can't find players in their prime we should find young players, with an element of development in mind.

In short, IF we want to find someone to compete for Tiote's position we need to find a young and hungry player who will act as understudy to him. Not a lame player like Reo-Coker who, quite frankly, offers nothing which we don't already have.

Even though Reo is under a free agent, he will not be a cheap investment. Fist of all, Villa is fairly known for rewarding their players with handsome contracts. Second the contract negotiation can  have two outcomes. a)he's handed good weekly pay, say £60 000, but then he has to relinquish any sign on fee. b)he could settle for a normal wage of £25 000. That on the other hand will lead to him demanding a sign on fee also. And when we know that Geremi was rewarded a cool £1 mill to sign for us, Reo is not going to ask for less. Either way, we're f***ed. Including everything he will require a sum of £50 000 a week, regardless. And the worst thing about the whole deal? He's a bloody useless footballer with no value at all.

Not sure how realistic he his but i'd love to see Shawcross in a toon shirt

Same.

He will complement Colo perfectly. But took this from wiki: "Additionally, Alex Ferguson negotiated a clause that gives Manchester United first refusal on any offer for the player"

Also, cb is not our most acute position. We need attackers, a winger and a lb cover first and foremost.

maybe a 4th choice cb to replace campbell but your right other positions need addressing first, especially the striker and winger front

1. Striker

2. Centre-back

3. Wing

... imo. That's if the £30m's being used to actually progress, as opposed to rebuild and consolidate.

Reo-Coker is dog s***.

We shouldn't be looking for "cover" or "squad players", that's not how it works. We should be looking for players to compete with Tiote for that position (as hard as that will be). If we can't find players in their prime we should find young players, with an element of development in mind.

In short, IF we want to find someone to compete for Tiote's position we need to find a young and hungry player who will act as understudy to him. Not a lame player like Reo-Coker who, quite frankly, offers nothing which we don't already have.

:clap:

Reo-Coker is dog shit.

A defensive minded midfielder to back up Tiote?

NRC would be good backup, better than Smith by a mile and would probably be more effective than Guthrie should he play that type of role. However his wages would be too much for us to pay backup, he'd want double he's realistically worth being on a free (i'd say £25k max he'd want 50's)

maybe its posted but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djibril_Ciss%C3%A9

He stated that he has lost his patience with questionable refereeing in Greece. “I will make my decisions but believe me, I’ve had it up to here. I can’t go on under these conditions. On 22.02.11 it was reported that Newcastle United were ready to offer Cisse a contract if he were able to terminate his contract at Panathinaikos”

maybe its posted but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djibril_Ciss%C3%A9

He stated that he has lost his patience with questionable refereeing in Greece. “I will make my decisions but believe me, I’ve had it up to here. I can’t go on under these conditions. On 22.02.11 it was reported that Newcastle United were ready to offer Cisse a contract if he were able to terminate his contract at Panathinaikos”

I'm all against  buying this lad, but bringing him in NOW on a free transfer is a complete different story. That could radically improve our chances of Europe..GET IN!

Guest rosstoon

Watched Bournemouth V Sheff Weds last night and Gary Madine was a class apart. Won everything in the air never lost the ball when in possession and very good all round play. The only thing was missing was a gaol however i think the service was poor. Not many strikers get much out of Cooper and Pearce at the back for Bournemouth but Madine ran it. At 20 its worth taking the punt cos this lad certainly has something.