"Reassurances That Every Penny Will Be Reinvested In The TEAM."

Crumpy Gunt

£20m is gone already btw, because that's what Ashley has to put in every year to stop us instantly emulating Portsmouth and Leeds.

I'll believe this when i see it. We've been fed enough lies to be well within our rights to treat that statement as complete bullshit. I think we will get MAX 15 million on transfers.

:shifty:

£20m is gone already btw, because that's what Ashley has to put in every year to stop us instantly emulating Portsmouth and Leeds.

Wasnt that only for the championship and if we stay up this season wont we be secure?

Financially.

Wasnt that only for the championship and if we stay up this season wont we be secure?

Financially.

It's still going on this season, and will more than likely happen next season.

Guest Thump 1892

Financially.

That's my understanding of it.  We're also not entirely in the black, yet, financially so it's very likely that we won't see a penny of that in the team (outside of £12m for Charlie I'nsomnia)

Also remember that the financial fair play rules are coming in when the window opens so unless he throws all of that money into the kitty from now to then, we might be in trouble come the summer.

I fully expect we'll try to spend it using Ashley's own unique method of bartering.

MA: "£3 million"

Club: "£12 million"

Club: "£10 million"

Club: "£9.5 million"

Club: "£8 million"

Club: "You're taking the piss now, Mike"

MA: "Fine, we've got Shola anyway."

Said 'investment', if it does happen, will probably include any new players' wages too. So a £5m player with, say, £5m a year wages. That's a £10m chunk.

That's what got the club into financial trouble in the first place - paying players ridiculous wages. No player is going to get £100k a week at this club.

Very clever wording. Doesn't necessarily all mean for transfers, but I don't think we expected that.

exactly, we all know the man well enough to know there will not be 35million pounds worth of players coming in in the summer !

Very clever wording. Doesn't necessarily all mean for transfers, but I don't think we expected that.

exactly, we all know the man well enough to know there will not be 35million pounds worth of players coming in in the summer !

that was in the interview as quoted earlier. since then pardew has been interviewed on SSN and was explicit the money would be spent on the squad.

we'll see.

Pardew sounded before the Carroll sale like he was planning a decent amount of business in the summer. I imagine it will be much the same as was already planned, maybe a couple of million more hear and there.

I don't think that's necessarily a failure though, it's not like there's a magic bank account called 'transfer funds' that is separate from the rest of the club's accounts.

Well transfers in or not, tying up contracts for Barton, Enrique and Coloccini will be expensive. Hopefully it will be a mixture of the two we get to spend on this summer.

Pardew sounded before the Carroll sale like he was planning a decent amount of business in the summer. I imagine it will be much the same as was already planned, maybe a couple of million more hear and there.

I don't think that's necessarily a failure though, it's not like there's a magic bank account called 'transfer funds' that is separate from the rest of the club's accounts.

shush man, you'll shatter the beliefs of millions with that sort of talk.