"Reassurances That Every Penny Will Be Reinvested In The TEAM."

Crumpy Gunt

We lost the best part of half a million a week off the wage bill when we got relegated and they still have always claimed it was too high, even after promotion, despite the fact he sanctioned nearly every player in the squad. Please don't kid yourselves that getting anyone off it will open up funds elsewhere because it won't.

Compiled a quick list:

Harper - Signed new contract

Coloccini - Signed for club

Enrique - Signed for club

Nolan - Signed for club

Campbell - Signed for club

Williamson - Signed for club

Barton -

Guthrie - Signed for club

Routledge - Signed for club

Lovenkrands - Signed for club

Simpson - Signed for club

Perch - Signed for club

Gosling - Signed for club

Taylor - Signed for club

Smith - Signed for club

Gutierrez - Signed for club

Xisco - Signed for club

Best - Signed for club

Forster - Signed new contract

Ameobi - Signed new contract

Tiote - Signed for club

Krul - Signed new contract

Taylor - Signed new contract

Ben Arfa - Signed for club

Ireland - Signed for club

Joey Barton is the only member of the first team squad that Ashley hasn't bought or given a contract to (although Barton arrived around the same time that Ashley bought Shepherd's shares so even that is touch and go). The wage budget is as high as it is, because of him.

Ashley did offer big wages in the 1st year of him joining the club.  He stupidly trusted Allardyce for his signings and then wise.  Since we signed Coloccini though in 2008 we haven't put a single player on above 50k IIRC until Ben Arfa has signed.  Once players are on big wages it's impossible to get them off their contracts unless we somehow sell them.

Our wage bill this season will be decent imo to put the club on a good financial footing going forward.

I think people tend to gloss over the fact that Ashley did dole out big wage contracts for the first year but most of the big time charlies didn't deliver. Owen? Viduka? Martins? Smith?

Even if that's true, it doesn't mean his current policy is worse or should be constantly ridiculed.

We seem to be saying if you've made a mistake in the past you should never be allowed to correct it.

Guest neesy111

We lost the best part of half a million a week off the wage bill when we got relegated and they still have always claimed it was too high, even after promotion, despite the fact he sanctioned nearly every player in the squad. Please don't kid yourselves that getting anyone off it will open up funds elsewhere because it won't.

Compiled a quick list:

Nolan - Signed for club

Barton -

Perch - Signed for club

Taylor - Signed for club

Smith - Signed for club

Xisco - Signed for club

Best - Signed for club

Tiote - Signed for club

Joey Barton is the only member of the first team squad that Ashley hasn't bought or given a contract to (although Barton arrived around the same time that Ashley bought Shepherd's shares so even that is touch and go). The wage budget is as high as it is, because of him.

Ashley did offer big wages in the 1st year of him joining the club.  He stupidly trusted Allardyce for his signings and then wise.  Since we signed Coloccini though in 2008 we haven't put a single player on above 50k IIRC until Ben Arfa has signed.  Once players are on big wages it's impossible to get them off their contracts unless we somehow sell them.

Our wage bill this season will be decent imo to put the club on a good financial footing going forward.

I think people tend to gloss over the fact that Ashley did dole out big wage contracts for the first year but most of the big time charlies didn't deliver. Owen? Viduka? Martins? Smith?

Even if that's true, it doesn't mean his current policy is worse or should be constantly ridiculed.

We seem to be saying if you've made a mistake in the past you should never be allowed to correct it.

Yeap, someone was saying well Ashley is showing no ambition at all with regards to signings.  Well would you prefer to spend close to £40M on shit like luque, martins and owen again who contributed very little to this club for what they cost and were paid.  To got back to square one financially etc.

Fact is our signings this season have been good, and we've spent far more than most people expected.

Compiled a quick list:

Nolan - Signed for club

Barton -

Perch - Signed for club

Taylor - Signed for club

Smith - Signed for club

Xisco - Signed for club

Best - Signed for club

Tiote - Signed for club

Ashley did offer big wages in the 1st year of him joining the club.  He stupidly trusted Allardyce for his signings and then wise.  Since we signed Coloccini though in 2008 we haven't put a single player on above 50k IIRC until Ben Arfa has signed.  Once players are on big wages it's impossible to get them off their contracts unless we somehow sell them.

I agree. I was just pointing out that Ashley hasn't always been a miser when it comes to wages. It was for the benefit of those convinced he's never spent big on players.

I would think one of the newly promoted clubs would take Smith if we gave him away. He is a total waste of a big wage, if he refused to go knowing he was not going to get a kick here then kill him.

Sadly I don't think anyone will take Smith tbh. We're stuck with him. The very best we can hope for is that he decides that he can't play any more at the top level and hangs up his boots in the summer.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew has put his neck on the line with that one statement. Suggesting also that Mike and Derek agree.

It would help if you managed to get the quote right......another thread fail from you!

Has to be said you're an Ashely apologist, tbh.

Has to be said only a complete fucktard could get that from my post tbh

We won't get a realistic replacement for Carroll, but we will get replacements for other players in the team, and our team will be better off after the next two or three transfer windows. That I'm pretty confident of.

You've changed your viewpoint a little haven't you after monday?

Not at all. It seems that you're so eager to conflate every issue together so that people will not notice how little sense you make and how incoherent your arguments are.

Tell me how my statement above contradicts what I said on Monday. I said £35m was a good price. I said that it was a price that I would be happy to accept. In fact, I got a fuckload of shit from people on here when I suggested that I wouldn't mind selling him for an exhorbitant fee, like £30m+. I even got shit from you for suggesting that being a local player is irrelevant (a view I still hold, by the way). I have always maintained that selling him in this window was a short-sighted move because it ignores the fact that we aren't safe yet. It's a gamble to sell him, but if this was done in the summer I would have no qualms about saying that selling him for £35m is a good move. So tell me how I have changed my tune. And that £100 thing is still on, if you're up for it.

What like the fact ashley has taken money from the club.  You get the proof first that he has taken money out the club.

Fact is he's invested over £250M since he took over the club and at least he's put some of his own money into the club to compensate for the mistakes.  Unlike Shepherd who would still award himself a salary, bonus and dividends despite spending money which wasn't there.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/newcastle-uniteds-finances-in-black-and.html

You are an idiot who can't read.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Newcastle-could-faced-with-a-mass-exodus-including-Joey-Barton-Jose-Enrique-and-Jonas-Gutierrez-article691893.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew could lose more star ­players as the futures of Joey Barton, Jose Enrique and Jonas Gutierrez look increasingly ­uncertain.

Still reeling from the blow of losing ­local hero Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35million, the Magpies are facing a fight to retain the services of midfield general Barton, Spanish left-back Enrique (right) and Argentina winger Gutierrez.

People Sport revealed last month that Barton, 28 , was keen to see out his career at St James’ Park, with sources close to the player ­claiming he would be willing to take a pay cut.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Newcastle-could-faced-with-a-mass-exodus-including-Joey-Barton-Jose-Enrique-and-Jonas-Gutierrez-article691893.html#ixzz1D857YzVO

• 2 weeks later...

Just remembered this from Golfmag

'A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context.'

Since he was right about Hughton getting shafted and unsurprisingly, the club telling yet more lies, I think some people are going to have to accept that progression of the playing side is unlikely to happen. I reckon we'll be looking mostly at free transfers and hoping to get lucky with bargain basement players

'A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context.'

Since he was right about Hughton getting shafted and unsurprisingly, the club telling yet more lies, I think some people are going to have to accept that progression of the playing side is unlikely to happen. I reckon we'll be looking mostly at free transfers and hoping to get lucky with bargain basement players

The re investment of the Carrol money seems to imply Pardew isnt in the loop of that Golfmag statement or simply is Golfmag wrong on the club sale side of things  :undecided:

The re investment of the Carrol money seems to imply Pardew isnt in the loop of that Golfmag statement or simply is Golfmag wrong on the club sale side of things  :undecided:

or that he can spend what he brings in and any other operating profits go off the debt ?

Or that Pardew is lying?

Pardew is fully aware of what's going on, that's why he got the job

Pardew is fully aware of what's going on, that's why he got the job

Noooooooooooooooooooo dont want to believe that  ;D

Funnily enough, I'm actually clinging to that being true. Would be like Jose and Carroll had died for our sins or something.