Newcastle fans and England.

JJ7
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know there's an England thread, but this is probably a bit different and I want to find fans views on their country. I know we havent had an international in a while too.

Just asking because the internationals will be coming up soon, and im thinking of watching England with Carroll up top and I don't really want to. Its not just bitterness, but my interest in international football has been going down for some time now. I used to be proud to see Newcastle players in the squad, now I would rather they werent called up. Whether that be because of potential injuries or the media attention.

It will probably get worse when Redknapp becomes manager, because he will. I think all interest in England will leave me at that point. Supporting a Redknapp managed England will be just annoying.

What are others opinions on their country? I don't really expect many, if any to tick the last option. :nope:

Newcastle first.

England but only if there's a major tournament on. I'd like to see them do well and will always support them, but just don't feel the same about them. Can't get excited about friendlies and even most qualifiers tbh.

Newcastle first, England second. Used to attend a lot of England games, home and away, but now have to pick and choose with me being at Uni.

I look forward to watching Carroll and Rooney up front anyway, that isn't going to change.

Ive been to one England game. Against Germany in 2007. Left with 10 mins to go. The fans around me were all cockney wankers, moaning about the overpaid and booing everything they could see. Mainly fans of London/Southern lower league clubs all bitter. One of the other reasons my interest went down.

Since I can remember it's always been a fucking chore watching England, I cannot ever, EVER get excited about watching them like I do when watching Newcastle.

Less so now due to the Carroll factor.

If I ever miss a Newcastle game (don't get to SJP as much as I should so on TV most of the time) I'm devastated, yet I'll always give the missus the TV remote when England are on. Couldn't give a shit if I miss watching them.

Interest for England has wained rapidly since WC06. Think that was the last time i was properly gutted about an England game.

probably the same for me tbh, it might have been the fact we got absolutley raped to the point where I just didn't care any more, but after Germany game I just sort of felt "meh' the football leagues kick off in a month or so anyway". Was devastaded when Portugal knocked us out in both the world cup and the euro though, as I was Brazil in 2002

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I won't deny it, think I've mentioned it before. Only really have an affinity with England when they either in the North-East, or have a 'local' lad/Newcastle player in the squad. Was class when they toured the country, just rubbish now.

Stupid question really, Newcastle aren't likely to play England any time soon so there is no need for split loyalties as there is no conflict of interest.

Some of my happiest memories as a football fan have been watching England in major tournaments.

I've been to both the old Wembley and New Wembley to watch England and yes annoying Cockney Wankers are over represented but it doesn't put me off England, just makes me less likely to pay to watch a pointless friendly.

The cult of the Premier League and Champions League have reduced interest in international football, and the domestic cup competitions, and I think this is a real shame.

However, watching England fighting valiantly and then going out of a competition by the thinnest of margins (Italia 90, Euro 96) is easier than stomaching the gutless surrenders of Sven's and Capello's teams.

Newcastle only.  The bunch of wankers playing for England make's not supporting them easy.

Couldn't agree more mate.

The majority of the England players I hate week in, week out when they're playing in the premier league and find it very hard to support them when they're playing for the national team.

Same as when an English club are in Europe and people moan at ya for not wanting them to do well. I hate Manure, Chelsea & Liverpool (nowt against Arsenal) but love the likes of Barcelona and watch most of their games. So why would I want a team that I despise to beat a team that I like just because of where they're from ?

Newcastle first.

I'd say i'm as patriotic as the next man but don't take much of an interest in England qualifiers and none whatsoever in friendlies. Tend to get caught up in it all during a major tournament and even find myself getting behind cvnts like Cashley and Rio.