Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/02/11 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

Guest TrueToon

Could be 6 weeks. He'll probably wear one of those daft protective masks - which will at the very least give folk on here material for new avatars.

:lol:

Jonas was our best midfielder today. Some people don't give a damn what happens though, they have their favourites and their scapegoats.

The bloke behind me saw Jose (an understandable favourite) float a ball over Jonas and the Fulham RB, who were both midway between halfway line and the corner post - it went straight out for a goal kick and then bounced... and guess whose fault it was for not chasing it :lol:

Jonas was our only attacking outlet in open play tonight. Everyone else was diabolical.

agreed

We might just manage at home with the current striking options but away from home without anyone told hold the ball up we will be under constant pressure. Away games will be a real problem for us. A couple more injuries or suspensions and we are in deep shit.

Well never fancied anything down there and so it turned out.

Forwards unable to make anything stick and there was no way we could have held out for the whole second half like that. Harper was excellent - apart from that - meh. Jose once again proved to be a flawed diamond making the difficult look easy but failing at basics.

It's been a bad week, a very bad week, but some of the whingeing and moaning on here is embarrassing, not so long ago London away games on telly were a given, yet here we could almost have nicked an undeserved draw.

See the doom mongers at nufc.com reckon it was the worst, most gutless performance since the Villa relegation match and the team spirit has suddenly evapourated. I'd give them either WBA or Bolton away and throw in a couple of home games this season as well.

Once again fate conspires against us and it looks like not bringing a proven forward in was a huge mistake.

Gonna have to scrap for everything now lads, time for Ranger to step up to the plate and add some maturity to his undoubted ability and for the fans to do what they do best.

shockingly bad game

Jose,Jonas and colo link up well together but we dont get the same going down the right.

ranger was shockingly bad, going for balls that should have been left for Jonas, and just generally being dispossessed far too easily.

best is useless as well. looks like Ali G and plays like him as well I'd imagine.

Fuck me, some of the reactions in here are beyond belief. Aye, we were shite, but to say we're going down after one performance is pretty daft. I guess noone saw the Bolton and WBA games like? This isn't the first time this season we've had a bad game.

Harper MOTM

Barton the only other one who can hold his head high.

Everyone else was toothless.

Missed the game again, did you?

Colo was the only other player with a good defensive display. But we still lost.

Barton played ok i thort?Just dont think Best is sharp enuf to think outside the box. Barton was trying something new and it was like Best and Ranger had been training with a differnt team ?

Barton played ok i thort?Just dont think Best is sharp enuf to think outside the box. Barton was trying something new and it was like Best and Ranger had been training with a differnt team ?

Well the team generally had little idea of a gameplan and was very disjointed.

I just thought that Barton could have helped the team more by being more disciplined and staying in his position a bit more. Play it simple for a bit while the team recovered itself. I don't think his wandering all over and trying to do everything was helping.

TBF to him though, I realise we have no central midfield when Nolan and Guthrie are playing.

Lost due to an awful midfield yesterday. Teams like Fulham are our achilles heel tbh well organised defensively and very hard to break down. Our midfield was so inept, our defenders were forced to punt balls up the pitch which our strikers were never going to get anything out of, due to Hangeland being a monster in the air. With Tiote in the side, he'd have come deeper and sprayed the ball out wide but he wasn't playing forcing Barton to come deep instead, narrowing our play.

Guest neesy111

Fulham's half time entertainment was absolutely hopeless as well, compounded an awful evening inside Craven Cottage.  + Points had a canny drink before and after the game with MKSC.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fulham's half time entertainment was absolutely hopeless as well, compounded an awful evening inside Craven Cottage.  + Points had a canny drink before and after the game with MKSC.

:lol:

Fulham's half time entertainment was absolutely hopeless as well, compounded an awful evening inside Craven Cottage.

I was half-wondering whether we could get those two dancing blokes to play up front for us.