Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/02/11 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

Guest Heneage

Ranger's the least threatening striker I've seen in the Premier League his lack of effort just makes me dislike him.

The fight just got a bit harder.

We're in for a big struggle on today's evidence. Our better players like Enrique put in an unusually bad performance. We had nothing up front and nothing on the bench. Ameobi injured, Arsenal up next. Worrying stuff.

First time this season when the players were asked to go out, forget everything and give a performance. Any they couldn't.

I'm not angry. Just really disappointed. Utterly toothless performance.

Guest Brazilianbob

As I said earlier the team spirit has been crushed by Carroll being sold and as it wasn't Pardew who built up the team spirit he won't know how to rebuild it.  Basically we are f***ed by the clubs greed.

Their passing was a lot better than ours.

Pardew now has to figure out our best striking option. Unfortunately, it's probably Ranger and Nolan.

Whatever it is, it isn't two upfront. The fewer passengers on the team the better.

Nolan must be dropped.

Should never play when Tiote is out.

Terrible, terrible, terrible contribution to the team every game. Only useful when he can goal poach, which he can't do without Tiote. In reality an absolutely woeful footballer when taking everything into account. Isn't even in appropriate physical condition. I think he's disgusting.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

not the first time nolan's been worthless this season though, to be fair.  he gets us garbage goals, which are now going to be even more important if we are going to get results.

Lost a player, gained a relegation battle. Well done to all involved.

I hope all those who said it didn't matter that we'd sold Carroll now as opposed to the summer feel pretty fucking stupid. We can look forward to plenty more games in which we don't trouble the keeper one single bit.