Sylvain Marveaux

Anderson

I think we see HBA as a striker

So

Carroll Replacement

HBA

Shola

Best (leaving in the summer i reckon)

Lovenkrands (leaving in the summer i reckon)

Ranger

Yup and I think we will be looking for a Carroll type big centre forward

So

Carroll Replacement

HBA

Shola

Ranger

wouldn't be so sure. i think they'll be looking for more of a continental centre forward who can finish with his head but has loads of movement. a game built on technique rather than physical attributes.

So

Carroll Replacement

HBA

Shola

Ranger

wouldn't be so sure. i think they'll be looking for more of a continental centre forward who can finish with his head but has loads of movement. a game built on technique rather than physical attributes.

I would love to think that's true.

Guest mimifrench

To my mind Marveaux is not as good as many of you think.

Moreover he is too often injured, he didn't play wtih rennes since ages lol

He is nothing compared to Ben arfa's class...

Guest TheSummerOf69

Marveaux is a free agent in the Summer so we must be looking at him. If he's decent then why didn't we get in with a million pound bid last window. Too busy hawking Carroll around for 22m, sorry 30m, sorry - how much have you got?

Oh!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1353385/Alan-Pardew-set-bring-Rennes-Sylvain-Marveaux-Newcastle-summer.html

"Pardew is considering a possible deal for free agent Jeremie Aliadiere, the former Arsenal and Middlesbrough striker, as he looks to fill the gap."

Oh God

Good player who has everything to his game....except goals which might be a problem.

Oh!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1353385/Alan-Pardew-set-bring-Rennes-Sylvain-Marveaux-Newcastle-summer.html

"Pardew is considering a possible deal for free agent Jeremie Aliadiere, the former Arsenal and Middlesbrough striker, as he looks to fill the gap."

Oh God

Good player who has everything to his game....except goals which might be a problem.

Yeah, that can be a problem for some strikers.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Who needs goals. We just need to draw all our games 0-0 'til the end of the Season and we should be safe.

Allardyce is free and might fancy another holiday home. "Happy days are here again"...:celb:

Oh!

Oh God

Yeah, that can be a problem for some strikers.

Haven't followed his career much. Has he not got a gig these days simply because he's been crap?

Edit: Ok got the answer to this now. Got injured and didn't take up an offer from Boro.

To my mind Marveaux is not as good as many of you think.

Moreover he is too often injured, he didn't play wtih rennes since ages lol

He is nothing compared to Ben arfa's class...

yeah I got the same response when I asked about him on a Rennes fan forum earlier.

That said, opinions from fans of a player that is trying to engineer a move away are hardly the best metric. If Messi was leaving us I'd say he's shit at headers.

Just checked Aliadère's wiki. What a monumentally shit scoring record. I haven't followed him much since he left Arsenal but he always looked a crafty mobile player. Is he played on the wing nowadays, maybe?

I always though Aliadere looked alright, pretty pacey and dangerous in attacking areas. He never got many goals though, I think he'd probably be on about the level of Lovenkrands.

An extra body, but probably not many extra goals.