Leon Best

Godot

Such a likeable player, would really hate to see him removed from the side on current form. Linked up the play superbly at times today and worked his nads off to boot.

was great today, did everything right but score, worked hard and showed another dimension of his game by running wide collecting the ball and attacking the full backs a few times.

he did a few bursts from deep carrying the ball and i swear he looks far quicker than before

I thought that too... Pleasantly surprised... Obertan was interviewed through the week and was asked if he was the fastest at the club and he surprised me when he mention Leon Best was up there alongside him... Thought he was joking TBH... Jonas is also deceptively quick once he gets into his stride...

Could have gotten himself two assist yesterday if Jonas had scored on that cross in the first half end Demba Ba had made it 3-0 in the second half after Best set him up. Brilliant by Best on both ocassions.

he did a few bursts from deep carrying the ball and i swear he looks far quicker than before

I thought that too... Pleasantly surprised... Obertan was interviewed through the week and was asked if he was the fastest at the club and he surprised me when he mention Leon Best was up there alongside him... Thought he was joking TBH... Jonas is also deceptively quick once he gets into his stride...

We've actually got pace all through our side now.  Santon, Obertan, Jonas, HBA, Colo all look really quick.  You've then got the likes of Simpson, Best and Ba who all have the odd burst of speed, plus players like Cabaye and Tiote who aren't necessarily the quickest, but really mobile and cover a lot of ground.

Not seen much of him, but Marv hardly looks slow!  Going down to the younger lads, Fergie and Sammy are both quick on the ball as well. 

Pretty much The Entertainers MkII to be honest  :rolleyes: :laugh:

Hang on, did you just say that Colo and Simpson are quicker than Tiote? :kasper:

Well I've never seen them in a race like  :lol:

After seeing Colo keep pace with Agbonlahor on more than one occassion I would say he is as quick if not quicker than Tiote.  Don't let Tiote's high knee action fool you, I think he looks quite one paced TBH, not saying he's slow either BTW.

If it was a 60m sprint I reckon it would be Colo, Tiote, Simpson in that order!

Hang on, did you just say that Colo and Simpson are quicker than Tiote? :kasper:

Tiote is one of our quickest players, he just eats up the ground when he's closing players down, especially now he's back in top gear.

Tiote is one of our quickest players, he just eats up the ground when he's closing players down, especially now he's back in top gear.

All at the same time whilst doing his strange 'backwards running' thing.

Guest icemanblue

Simpson's always been quite renowned for being quick hasn't he?

If by quick, you mean shite. Yes, he has.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2044890/Giovanni-Trapattoni-stands-firm-decision-shun-Newcastles-Leon-Best-Ireland-squad.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Quite bizarre from Trapattoni. Some of Best's closing down of players this season has been fantastic. To say he only waits for the ball is bollocks.

I'm sure the Irish posters could shed some light on this, in fact here's a post from jdckelly from about a week ago:

Traps rather set in his ways and goes with the guys who have done well for him in past games, though its getting to the point where Keane should think of retiring from international football