Leon Best

Godot

Drogba isn't a targetman. He's just a very well-rounded forward techincally and athletically who happens to be good with his back to goal.

well he is, its his position...its the otherway round in my opinion, he just so happens to have a good athleticism and is able to use other aspects of his game...

Maybe we've got Nolan's goal scoring replacement. If all Best does is score goals (and tbh I think he does give us a little bit more than that) I'd rather have that role being taken by a striker than a midfielder. Midfielders need to offer a bit more imo....

Drogba isn't a targetman. He's just a very well-rounded forward techincally and athletically who happens to be good with his back to goal.

well he is, its his position...its the otherway round in my opinion, he just so happens to have a good athleticism and is able to use other aspects of his game...

Well, no, it's not. Stop being brainless. He lies deeper than at least two or three of the other Chelsea players on the pitch. He's more of a playmaker than a targetman. He even takes the fucking free-kicks and corners some of the time.

Maybe we've got Nolan's goal scoring replacement. If all Best does is score goals (and tbh I think he does give us a little bit more than that) I'd rather have that role being taken by a striker than a midfielder. Midfielders need to offer a bit more imo....

Good point. I doubt that will fit in with the notion that this club is being destroyed purposely by a cockney spiv. So let's concentrate instead on what a crime it was to sell Nolan, our captain and inspiration.

Best is really getting on with his career in the black and white jersery. Never thought he would be a good build up play striker. But he proves me wrong time and time again. His best position on the pitch is definetly up there in the box. But last game he proved wonders in build up play aswell compared to my expectations. Hope he continues to develope in the premier and by the time he hits his prime he bags the 15-20 goals every season we need.

A lot of people seem to criticise his all round game and say he offers little.  I'd counter that by saying he's the best all round forward we have.  He uses both feet, not rapid but certainly not slow, wins a lot in the air, got a few skills and has an awkward technique that seems to help against defenders.

He's hardly a world beater, but I don't just see him as a 'poacher' he has more to his game than just that.  Gets offside a bit and looks lethargic at times, but I'm a big fan of his TBH.

I've said before, if his name was Leonardo Bestinho and we bought him for £10m from Benfica, he'd get a more praise.  He's not a big, fashionable name and he had a poor start to his NUFC career and I think some fans are still conscious of that.  Glad to see quite a few coming round now and not just moaning and complaining about how shit he is.

A lot of people seem to criticise his all round game and say he offers little.  I'd counter that by saying he's the best all round forward we have.  He uses both feet, not rapid but certainly not slow, wins a lot in the air, got a few skills and has an awkward technique that seems to help against defenders.

He's hardly a world beater, but I don't just see him as a 'poacher' he has more to his game than just that.  Gets offside a bit and looks lethargic at times, but I'm a big fan of his TBH.

I've said before, if his name was Leonardo Bestinho and we bought him for £10m from Benfica, he'd get a more praise.  He's not a big, fashionable name and he had a poor start to his NUFC career and I think some fans are still conscious of that.  Glad to see quite a few coming round now and not just moaning and complaining about how shit he is.

The bit in bold is true like (as is the rest of the post).

Some of the little flicks & turns he does are technicaly very good tbf to him, I certainly don't feel wary of us losing possession when he's on the ball either.