Leon Best

Godot

Look at the goal records of the players I listed. People paid lots for them.

Anyway, I like him and the price is only a bit craic. He's a great option to have. One of the tactics folks mentioned it recently, but if you're losing at the end of the game, its more effective to bring on a physical striker than a skilful one, because the latter will not get the space to perform against a team shutting up shop.

Probably sell Best. Not because he cannot play a part in the squad but simply because we would struggle to get anything for Strolla (especially in his current form)

We need to get at least some money back for the Cisse deal.

We should give the Toffees and Villa a call and find out which one they would like  :D

Or maybe we should get saggy face 'Arry to come out and tell the world what a fantastic player Best is and that he had the chance to sign him a couple of years ago but was too late. But he is a top, top player!

f*** me, would be f***ing floored if we got anything more than 3/4m for Best.

Don't see him being sold though, maybe in the summer.

Cisse signing is actually well timed. I originally, like most wanted us to get someone in to cover Ba going to ACN, however his signing will work:

a) By boosting morale around the club

b) Give the likes of Best and Shola more incentive to play out of their skin to keep their place in the team.

c) Tiote, Ba and Cisse will be like 3 new signings when they return. Hopefully 4 with the return of Marveaux not far after.

Agree with whomever was talking about getting a youngun in over the summer.

Be happy with Lovenkrands and Ranger out.     

Cisse, Ba, Best, New Youngster, Shola (never EEEEEVER going to leave) Oh and Lord Prior of course.

I think we are in a good position with Best in that we don't need to sell him unless we get a decent offer. He seems well settled and he's going to play an important part for the next month. While he's not top class, he will do a job at this level and to be fair he's always produced the goals when needed.

Leon Best must be kept at the football club! I can't fathom what we'd gain from selling him whatsoever! He's proved himself at this level as a capable, skillful and decent finisher. Personally never thought he'd defy the odds in the top division, but he has done it, and done it very well. Obviously with Ba and Cisse, he's slipped down the pecking order, but he's not far behind in terms of playing his part as an excellent squad player over the period of an entire season.

Have a huge amount of respect for the lad, and I really hope he stays with us, as he can play an important part, along with Ba and Cisse, hopefully for years to come.

Leon Best must be kept at the football club! I can't fathom what we'd gain from selling him whatsoever! He's proved himself at this level as a capable, skillful and decent finisher. Personally never thought he'd defy the odds in the top division, but he has done it, and done it very well. Obviously with Ba and Cisse, he's slipped down the pecking order, but he's not far behind in terms of playing his part as an excellent squad player over the period of an entire season.

Have a huge amount of respect for the lad, and I really hope he stays with us, as he can play an important part, along with Ba and Cisse, hopefully for years to come.

Spot on mate.

Guest Roger Kint

Why would we sell him? He has to be 3rd choice striker now and will be invaluable until Ba and Cisse get back.

Exactly. From next season we will hopefully have seen the back of Ranger, Lovenkrands & Xisco, no need to get rid at all.

The ideal position for you is he's there, available to come in as a 3rd choice striker and comes in and does a job, meaning Shola gets minimal time on the pitch.

Looking at it from his point of view, he'll see it as a big blow that Cisse's come in, but I'm sure he's smart enough to know that's life. If he doesn't get much game time for the rest of the season (after Cisse is playing) then he could justifiably say, fuck this.

Which idiot introduced the notion he'd be sold in the first place, and why?

It's the usual 'we don't need a squad' bollocks, same as in the Simpson thread.

:thup: any time we sign a player, we get this rubbish.

Probably sell Best. Not because he cannot play a part in the squad but simply because we would struggle to get anything for Strolla (especially in his current form)

We need to get at least some money back for the Cisse deal.

I don't think we necessarily have to nor that he needs to move for squad reasons.

Nest year we'll have 4 strikers in Ba, Cisse, Best and Shola at the club after Lovenkrands leaves and Ranger has a piano fall on him in a freak moving accident.  Best is adequate 3rd choice imo.  Bonus is he counts as home grown. 

If Strolla effectively gets a contract for life, this chap should really not be worried.  IMO, he is third in the pecking order and will get games.  Also, I cannot see Cisse just being thrown in - look at how AP introduced Santon.  Think he will use a similar approach only as the expectation (no.9) and all will be quite high.  I think AP will let that settle a little before he gets starts etc.