Leon Best

Godot

Can't see why anyone should be surprised. Pardew has never rated Best as highly as most do on here, and Best has always been determined to stay and try and prove him wrong.

most on here don't rate him that highly, just higher than shola.

Right, home from work so playing catch up. Loan offer for Leon Best was accepted in the first place!? I know it'll happen, but I'm gonna be disappointed when the day comes that best gets shunted out of the club ahead of Shola.

Can't see why anyone should be surprised. Pardew has never rated Best as highly as most do on here, and Best has always been determined to stay and try and prove him wrong.

Right, home from work so playing catch up. Loan offer for Leon Best was accepted in the first place!? I know it'll happen, but I'm gonna be disappointed when the day comes that best gets shunted out of the club ahead of Shola.

Are people taking it as a fact that there was really a deal in the offing for Best? Just about everything which was reported about the deal was contradicted within the same hour.

Are people taking it as a fact that there was really a deal in the offing for Best? Just about everything which was reported about the deal was contradicted within the same hour.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Like I say I'm playing catch up. Just jumped on here and saw the title.

Lee 'hindsight' Ryder to the fore once again.

Love it when he offers up the obvious on Twitter.  I can picture the Hamster getting on the wheel with just enough energy to pump out 140 characters of drivel, then passing out for 9hrs.

Strange that we tried to move him on.

Suppose with Shola and Lovenkrands we have enough alternative depth to cope without him, I can't imagine he's on big wages so can only assume we were trying to put him in the shop window for the summer.

Hope we're not actually trying to move him on.

Would be devastating if Shola somehow managed to yet again notch up over 20 appearances next season too.

He's never leaving man, he'll always be 3rd/4th choice... and that's being optimistic.

He'll come off the bench aged 37 to score the winner in a cup final, and then he'll die on the field when the full time whistle blows.

Suprised Lovenkrands is still here...

Id keep Best, I think he can do a canny job for us.  My 4 would be BA, Pappiss, Best and Shola.

Tho I would be looking for a replacement for Shola.

There was confusion over the detail, as there often is with these things ie loan or a permanent move, had Best spoken to Celtic etc But nobody's come out yet and said the whole thing was a load of rubbish. Odds are very much that there was something in it, especially with us bringing a new striker in.

Hope we're not actually trying to move him on.

Would be devastating if Shola somehow managed to yet again notch up over 20 appearances next season too.

He's never leaving man, he'll always be 3rd/4th choice... and that's being optimistic.

He'll come off the bench aged 73 to score the winner in a cup final, and then he'll die on the field when the full time whistle blows.

FYP.

Today's Daily Mail seems to think that there was an approach from Celtic for a loan but we would only entertain a permanent deal whereas Best himself didn't want to go.

I think the board would like to move Best on.  There is constant speculation about him and he was said to be on the transfer list last Summer but the stumbling bloack is always that the player wants to stay and fight for his place.  His signing was supposedly one of the black marks held against Hughton.  I would say though that Best is now regarded as a better player than when he first signed and should he be sold, then he will achieve the board's aim in that they are likely to make a profit on him.

It would have been daft to have let him go this month though - he is certainly the best of the back up strikers.

Guest neesy111

most on here don't rate him that highly, just higher than shola.

This is my view.

The ideal thing for us to do in the summer would be to keep Best as a target back-up, shift Shola and Löven and bring someone young and pacy in to be backup for Cissé. In time, hopefully some of the academy lads will make that step up, but I'd still get someone in the summer rather than wait for Hooper or Campbell to join up with the first team.

Guest Roger Kint

Obviously he didn't impress those upstairs while playing on the right wing.

Didnt impress me there either, being absolutely nowhere near the right wing for 99% of the game.