Leon Best

Godot

So scores two legitimate goals and won a penalty. Good effort. Nice to note the "offside" goal was on his left, certainly not afraid to use both feet.

Gets himself in good positions but is the biggest confidence player I have ever seen, starts every game with confidence at zero and needs something to go his way before he gets going.

So scores two legitimate goals and won a penalty. Good effort. Nice to note the "offside" goal was on his left, certainly not afraid to use both feet.

Gets himself in good positions but is the biggest confidence player I have ever seen, starts every game with confidence at zero and needs something to go his way before he gets going.

Some people in everyday jobs are like that so why not footballers? Fair point though

You might be wrong with the 'fine' bit but he isnt as bad as some would say. Whether he is what we need is a different matter. Best (other than Shola) we have

What?

Think the kid was trying to say you talk a lot of shite. Youre better than most on here like but you do talk some ill-informed bollocks.Hardly unique though

Was unlucky with his 'offside' goal today.

It's a shocking decision when you think about it. Rosicky who was covering everyone was also the closest player to the linesman. Assuming he was even in a semi decent position it should have been an easy call.

Oh well we scored seconds later.

Not done too bad so far.

Bit of a deceptive player, looks like he could turn into something if he puts the work in.

Surprisingly decent finisher in the box - with his feet anyway.

One thing's for sure - the next few weeks are the biggest opportunity he's ever going to get, so can only hope he takes it.

Guest bmoregeordie

Still dont think he's a prem player but he's the best of the 3.  On the offside point, he's nowhere near as bad as Shola and Bellamy used to be by a mile, FACT.  Should be on 5 now but for a shocking linesman.  I'd start him over the other two every day.

this is where i come down on it as well. i don't understand the romanticism of bellamy. he was offisdes, and stupidly so, more often than anyone i can remember.

best is strong and he's fast. i believe there is potential to at least be a useful sub over the long-term. that being said, his ceiling is limited and if he can manage a few more goals, i wouldn't mind seeing him gone this summer for a decent price.

he's still quite young as well........ 24 if i remember correctly.

26 this year, i believe.

25 this year. Still thick as mince ( :dowie: )

Agree with TRon with the close control, his movement is generally good too and he has a decent finish, pretty composed. Heading was pretty woeful though.

Not really surprised his first was given offside today, bit like the boy who cried wolf. Ref saw Best had the ball, it was a given he would be offside on previous form.

this basically

He was useless as fuck in the first half. Caught offside an endless amount of times. Still managed to win a penalty, bag a goal and have a legitimate goal disallowed. Not all bad, we definitely need better next season though.

He was useless as fuck in the first half. Caught offside an endless amount of times. Still managed to win a penalty, bag a goal and have a legitimate goal disallowed. Not all bad, we definitely need better next season though.

erm.....

He was useless as f*** in the first half. Caught offside an endless amount of times. Still managed to win a penalty, bag a goal and have a legitimate goal disallowed. Not all bad, we definitely need better next season though.

erm.....

Ok, even moreso than some of the others, if that's possible.