Epic NUFC photos

Guest Tall Striker

On 07/06/2023 at 19:10, Optimistic Nut said:

The famous Kevin Keegan and Les Lerdinand picture. 

Would love to know what the PR guys were thinking. 

20230607_190903.jpg

:lol: never seen that. Hilarious. 

Edit: me dad reckons 'Lord Les' was what was behind it!

Edit 2: as in 'King' Kev 

20230607_190903.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.659d737f1e7743c6318a8b8c8d4db1a2.jpeg

Reckon its the far end of the Leazes end next to the entrance in the corner. There was building work going on at the time in the paddock, where I initially thought it might be in the opposite corner, looks a bit too worn to be brand new.

Just now, Mr Pups said:

kk and les.JPG

my first season ticket was actually in this block. not sure which row but it was the second seat from the end, I remember lee clark running down the tunnel after he scored against shef wed

20230607_190903.jpg

Not a lot of people know this but when he was born he was christened Leslie Ferdinand and it became a running joke in his family when he became Les Lerdinand in St Lucia.

The reason for this was what his name meant which was Ferd which meant Lerd in st Lucia and was the god Lerd of the land and his name was and still is to this day noted as being a god like status and he is known as his worship Les Lerdinand.

He told Kevin Keegan about it when it was newbie signing question time and someone asked if he had a middle name.

Les said his name has double meaning in England and St Lucia in which he has dual nationality.

The players started bowing at his feet and shouting  "hail to our god, Lerdy", so this is where this picture stemmed from.

6 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Not a lot of people know this but when he was born he was christened Leslie Ferdinand and it became a running joke in his family when he became Les Lerdinand in St Lucia.

The reason for this was what his name meant which was Ferd which meant Lerd in st Lucia and was the god Lerd of the land and his name was and still is to this day noted as being a god like status and he is known as his worship Les Lerdinand.

He told Kevin Keegan about it when it was newbie signing question time and someone asked if he had a middle name.

Les said his name has double meaning in England and St Lucia in which he has dual nationality.

The players started bowing at his feet and shouting  "hail to our god, Lerdy", so this is where this picture stemmed from.

Was smirking reading that then the last sentence finished me off. :lol: