Women's football

James

Completely depends on whether what he said is true. If it is, she can milk it as much as she wants.

Then why take the 80k? If she's that bothered about it she should be handing it back or donating it to charity.

Like I said it depends on whether it's true or not. I have no idea either way. Taking the money does look suspicious but it's not a determining factor in whether it happened or not imo.

Why offer 80k if it didnt happen to be honest

FA have said all clubs in WSL 1 must be full-time and paid as such, as well as have their own academy. A week after Sunderland distanced themselves from their women's team... who are in WSL 1. I'm sure the two are not related.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41406980

The top tier of English women's football will be only for full-time clubs from 2018-19 after proposed changes to Women's Super League licences were approved by the FA.

All clubs must re-apply for their places, while new teams could earn licences to join the top tier that will have between eight and 14 teams.

Top-flight clubs will be required to run an academy under the new criteria.

The FA is also looking into how the new leagues could be rebranded.

Current WSL tier one clubs have until 10 November to submit their applications, which will be reviewed by the FA women's board in December.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Man Utd are on about starting a women’s team, and they are expected to be placed in the 2nd tier of the super league. How they get to jump in ahead of other teams is beyond me.

Combination of brand and pre-existing infrastructure which will aid the growth of women’s football in the country.

• 2 months later...

Women's league predicatably being reshuffled to allow Man U Women into the championship. Sunderland Ladies, who finished 7th in the top league, and who aren't a bad team at all, have been kicked out the top two leagues  ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44279069

They announced plans to make it an all professional league earlier this year/ late last year. Man Utd have committed to having their team as a professional team. I don't think Sunderland are capable of making such garauntee's in their current position.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this again but my girl is off to Florida next weekend as N Ireland (and Portugal) have been invited to take part in the u16 CONCACAF tournament. In a group with Mexico, Peurto Rico and Haiti. She is literally living the dream!

Sorry to bump this again but my girl is off to Florida next weekend as N Ireland (and Portugal) have been invited to take part in the u16 CONCACAF tournament. In a group with Mexico, Peurto Rico and Haiti. She is literally living the dream!

Awesome. Congratulations!

Tak tent young ‘Belfast Girl’. What a great experience :thup: