Women's football

James

:lol:

They are ugly as hell, but cheats?

Type "Brasilien vs USA - Peinliche Showeinlage von Erika" into your favorite tube.

Also, bare in mind that this is just one example of outright disgusting cheating in a web of many that they spun throughout the match.

You're going to have to work really hard to spin that one, Felipao!

I saw some pundit discussion before the tournament started where one pundit was trotting out the cliche about women's football being more honest, less diving etc etc. The co-pundit (an ex-player I think) told him that he clearly hadn't seen Brazil play.

Not really though, find it funny, because when Venezuela was doing the same against Brazil no one complained. I find it funny that the whole world are always trying to find cheats that Brazil do staying blind to their own cheats. 2002 everyone complained about Rivaldos diving yet people didn't watch the rest of the game and saw that the referee had missed to send off the Turkish player for fouling and kicking Rivaldo the whole match.

Yesterday Brazil should've played 11 against 9 and then we would never have had this discussion because the number 10 (Lloyd?) made a de Jong tackle and only got a yellow. 20 minutes later she stops the counter-attack with her arm but the referee tried to stay nice. Erika did w/e to gain time, but that happens every single game, and US did the exactly same thing yesterday, at one point Wambach was lying down crying and got two brazilian players booked for then to start running as soon as Marta was booked. Ridiculous that some people are blind when it comes to their own national team, I admit Brazil got bad calls in their favor, but to start calling them cheats when it happens to every single important game is ridiculous, its part of todays game whether you like it or not.

:lol: Bearing in mind very few people here are actually American, and you tried to defend Brasil by using the Rivaldo incident as your defence, I'm not too convinced you're going to win this argument.

You really think Rivaldo was justified in doing what he did? :lol:

Watch that whole match instead of watching stuff on youtube. You watch youtube you get Nacho Gonzalez you watch the whole thing you get me ;)

:lol: Bearing in mind very few people here are actually American, and you tried to defend Brasil by using the Rivaldo incident as your defence, I'm not too convinced you're going to win this argument.

They were cheating - you just admitted it Felipao91.

xconfused.

They were if everyone were honest, what I was arguing is to that its relatively stupid to call the Brazilian cheats and not the American who were doing the same. Wambach did the same Erika did and I was also pointing it out that it happens every day, why make make such a big deal when you see it happening every weekend?

Like I said, calling ONLY the brazilian cheats is only telling half the story.

Watch that whole match instead of watching stuff on youtube. You watch youtube you get Nacho Gonzalez you watch the whole thing you get me ;)

Rivaldo's dive against Turkey was one of the most pathetic, wimpiest things I've ever seen on a football pitch.

There's absolutely no defending it, I don't care if the Turks were killing his family one by one in the stands.

Rivaldo's dive against Turkey was one of the most pathetic, wimpiest things I've ever seen on a football pitch.

There's absolutely no defending it, I don't care if the Turks were killing his family one by one in the stands.

I'll leave it at that, you probably think thats more pathetic than Barton snapping at Gamst Pedersen or other players blatantly trying to injure players.

I'll leave it at that, you probably think thats more pathetic than Barton snapping at Gamst Pedersen or other players blatantly trying to injure players.

I do, amazingly.

Deliberately trying to injure someone is obviously a far more cuntish thing to do, but if you don't find a grown man writing around in agony pretending to be hurt to be absolutely embarrassing then there's something wrong with you tbh.

Sewelly and Mike gets a :lol:

Shak gets a FUCK U :lol: Nah seriously, I do agree that diving shouldn't exist but it also depends on the circumstances in my opinion. Too much principles involved from fans, but if you play football yourself you should know (well if you're good enough) that if you get tackled time after time you'll explode and I find it far better to deal with it by diving and trying to get the cunt sent off than being a shithead myself and trying to injure him. Rivaldo couldve retaliated by going at it, but its far more intelligent to do what he did.

You don't always need to use your hands ;)

They were cheating - you just admitted it Felipao91.

xconfused.

They were if everyone were honest, what I was arguing is to that its relatively stupid to call the Brazilian cheats and not the American who were doing the same. Wambach did the same Erika did and I was also pointing it out that it happens every day, why make make such a big deal when you see it happening every weekend?

Like I said, calling ONLY the brazilian cheats is only telling half the story.

Half the story? So you're saying that Brazil cheat as much as the rest of the world put together? Harsh, but if you say so.  :pow:

Still, that's not really my point. My point is that any neutral observer of that game would consider one side to have made a extended, concerted effort to cheat. I hate cheating, because I love football. The antics of Erika do not happen every weekend, they really don't, and even if they did, that wouldn't make them any more acceptable. That level of dishonesty is all the more obvious in women's football because there really is less of it about, maybe because there is less money about. I'm no less angry about the Brazil game than I was about Barca v Real, but in women's football the level of officiating seems lower so it's even more cynical.

Discontent :frantic: (reckon Powell is off anyway imo)

Several England players have hit back at Hope Powell after their coach accused some of them of "cowardice" ahead of the Women's World Cup quarter-final penalty shootout.

Coach Powell, 44, said she had to ask three times for volunteers to take the crucial spot-kicks against France.

But midfielder Jill Scott, supported by two team-mates, Tweeted: "You win as a team, you lose as a team".

England eventually lost 4-3 in the shootout after the match ended 1-1.

Scott was backed up by Karen Bardsley and Claire Rafferty.

And striker Eniola Aluko, who did not take play against France, added: "Obviously [that saying] is just words. Unbelievable."

Powell's comments were also in stark contrast to her mood immediately after the match according to Casey Stoney.

"I don't think anyone's a coward and that's not the impression I got from Hope when she debriefed us after the game," Stoney told BBC Radio 5 live.

"She said she was very proud and we should hold our heads up high."

Injured striker Kelly Smith and forward Karen Carney were the only non-defenders to take penalties.

They both scored with defender Casey Stoney tucking the third penalty away before debutant Claire Rafferty and skipper Faye White missed the last two kicks to send England home.

Rafferty, 21, only came onto the pitch nine minutes before the end of normal time for her World Cup debut.

Powell said on Saturday: "Faye said 'Right, if no-one else wants to do it I will do it'."

The missed kick may have been the 33-year-old's last act in an England shirt.

"Three times I had to ask [for volunteers] before anyone stepped forward," added Powell.

"'Where are you?' I was thinking, and then a young kid is the first to put her hand up. And Kelly Smith was dying on her feet but she stepped up and took one.

"You've got to want to take a penalty, but other players should have come forward and they didn't. That's weak, it's cowardice."

Them losing that penalty shootout was like getting in from work, seeing your wife carrying your favourite meal to the table, and then dropping it all over the floor. Back to the kitchen, pet.