Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

I fkn hate & detest Howard Webb he us a shit referee and a cunt of the highest order. Not his fault we lost but fkn hell did everything he could to make it harder for us.

Will this jump up and smack Ashley in the face, make him see how piss poor our squad is and that you meed so much more than a decent starting 11.

If Taylor had to start the game then it should have been at RW with Simpson remaining at RB, atleast then you have just 1 player out of possission instead of 2. He shouldn't have been in the team at all like but especialy not at right back ahead of Simpson.

If Taylor had to start the game then it should have been at RW with Simpson remaining at RB, atleast then you have just 1 player out of possission instead of 2. He shouldn't have been in the team at all like but especialy not at right back ahead of Simpson.

spot on

Guthrie was sat on the bench? I assumed he was out injured and that's why Simpson was played in midfield. Maybe we are protecting him from injury in case Forest want to loan him.

I fkn hate & detest Howard Webb he us a shit referee and a cunt of the highest order. Not his fault we lost but fkn hell did everything he could to make it harder for us.

Will this jump up and smack Ashley in the face, make him see how piss poor our squad is and that you meed so much more than a decent starting 11.

he dosent care

Never at one pointed have I felt save from relegation this season...... and nothing has changed. 6 points is nothing.

Careful.  A few people on this board who struggle with math decided we were safe in early February, and any differing opinion makes you a kneejerking hysteric, just like this smiley  ->  :frantic:

:frantic:

Six points is nothing but there are eight teams between us and the drop zone. We're not safe yet but it stands to reason that they can't all suddenly start winning. They'll be playing each other, playing the top teams etc.

And even if they did start winning, we'd have to start losing every week. Everyone is inconsistent as fuck, and considering the points we already have on the board (and our goal difference that is miles better than the bottom three) that's good news for us.

I can understand the thinking behind it, clearly Pards identified Everton's left side as the major threat with Baines and Arteta there, and with the paper thin squad we have it was either shoehorn Guthrie out wide or sling in another defender to just try and nulify there strongest point.

@milesstarforth

Miles Starforth

Pardew 'hoping' Enrique fit for #stoke game in 2 weeks. Barton & Ireland should be fit #nufc

Thank f***. Though 'hoping' over Enrique doesn't sound great.

Could be much worse, it's only just happened so it will be a few days before Pardew can make a definite declaration on it.

Hopefully all wil be ready. Barton has been deeply missed. With him on the pitch we could have taken this game. But we should not expect a victory with so many injuries.. We must keep in mind that we are a promoted team and got shitload of injuries.

It's hard for Pardew to get anything out of this game when players have to play out of position and we have no offensive forces to use.  Although I think he did one mistake with his starting line. He should have used Ferguson on LM and moved Jonas to RM. Jonas is a good defensive player and would've been more helpful in taking out Baines and Arteta who are Evertons main attacking force.  Taylor was a disaster today and invited Arteta into the box too many times. I think simpson and Jonas would have handled this task better..

A right back playing left back. A centre half playing right back and a striker playing right midfield. Fucking barmy man. What happened to square pegs in square holes? Trying to be too fucking clever, the arrogant bellwhiff. Really fucking annoyed.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

With Barton, Ireland and Enrique back we'll handle Stoke. Luckily Tiote is not suspended.

Tiote's done surprisingly well to avoid bookings

Guest Mantis

I fkn hate & detest Howard Webb he us a s*** referee and a c*** of the highest order. Not his fault we lost but fkn hell did everything he could to make it harder for us.

he dosent care

exactly, chickens coming home to roost