Will Pardew see next season out?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just saw discussion about Taylor in the other thread and how we've not had any stability in ages. Think Sir Bobby was the last manager to complete a full season in permanent charge of the team, back in 2003/04. Fucking laughable tbh.

This time around the club and manager have no excuses. This is arguably Ashley's first true choice of manager (not forced upon him, unaffected by supposed fan influence, and brought in when there was no real need to), we have cash in the bank from the Carroll sale and what I am assuming are now manageable finances overall. Pardew knew exactly what he was letting himself in for due to the Keegan affair and probable discussions in private prior to Hughton's dismissal. We're probably going to finish the season in mid-table which is fine for a first season back.

So will we finally have some stability for next season at least?

Guest firetotheworks

Personally, I think he'll be sacked because he won't live up to Ashley's expectations of him, no matter how ridiculous those expectations may be.

He'll certainly not resign.

I think he'll see out the entire season, be very average throughout, mid table, and Ashley will be happy. Only way we'll see him leave before that is to lose the opening 7 games or a takeover, both of which are unlikely.

The 35m will be as much of a curse for Pardew as it is a blessing, if the first few games don't go well, he'll have a lot of explaining to do. I like to think he'll stay, but no-one can predict what will happen to NUFC from one year to the next.

So difficult to tell. The very thought of it, whether you like Pardew or not, just makes me think "why the fuck am i even bothering?". Pardew is Ashley's man and if he isn't even satisfied with him, then Christ knows what'll ever take us forward/get rid of the fat bastard.

It still doesn't really feel like he's our manager. Got no affection for him at all unlike many previous managers. Even people like fat man and Souness I had huge hatred for. But this guy, nothing. For that reason I reckon he'll be here for a while.

No I can't see it because I and probably most others thought that we had stability under Hughton and there was absolutely no need to change managers, then all of a sudden Ashley decided he was bored and decided it was time to piss the fans off again. I don't think he actually wants stability.

The 35m will be as much of a curse for Pardew as it is a blessing, if the first few games don't go well, he'll have a lot of explaining to do. I like to think he'll stay, but no-one can predict what will happen to NUFC from one year to the next.

The 35m will be a curse but for different reasons in my opinion, my 'predicition' is that we'll see no way near enough of it spent and because of it the pressure will be put

in in the stands, which will effect things on the pitch and Pardew will be made scapegoat for it.

(Whilst im hoping for £10m net spend, im expecting a profit this transfer window)

Guest Antec
A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context..

He'll certainly not resign.

I think he'll see out the entire season, be very average throughout, mid table, and Ashley will be happy. Only way we'll see him leave before that is to lose the opening 7 games or a takeover, both of which are unlikely.

Pretty much this.

Ashley brought him in to be "his man". He's going to do what Ashley asks him to do, he won't complain too much over player sales or make any sort of demand. He'll keep us comfortably in mid-table and Ashley will be very content with that. So, yes, he'll see out next season, which is depressing and incredibly uninspiring.

I think he will stay...at least next season as well! remember he was headhunted for the job...and im sure Ashleys plans are well pointed out for Pardew!

Im sure there will be 35 mill cool cash for transfers in the summer! remember all the Caroll money came from out of nowhere so i dont think ashley will have any problem spending them...not sure he will chip more in though?

Second half of this season have also shown that we need (quality) players both in order to progress or stay up! The thing about Barton and Enrique waiting to sign new contracts have also shown ashley that he can´t ignore the demands form both players and supporters.

Its would be no less than disasterous if both Barton and Enrique left....it would send the wrong message. that would mean we couldn´t attract anyone better than what we got already + it would be a relegation battle for day one....which we easily could end up loosing!

that say im convinced the club will try to match barton and enriques demands....if they leave it will be because of bigger clubs going for them for good money....that we can´t do anything about coz they could be unsettled if rejected a move!

So its all up to Alan himself (and the players of course) whether he stays or not....we could start the next season losing 10 games which means Ashley will have to react!

I know im about to jinx everything but i just hope this season will finish with us in top 10 or so and then im very much looking forward to a new season with a lot of new exciting players!

Only problem is that i don´t really trust Pardew in the transfer market!

I dont think Pardew will have much choice, i think players will be scouted and bought.

well someone has to make the decision...if not Pardew who then? im aware he doesn´t have free hands...but you can´t have 2-3-4-5-6 different persons putting a team together (not saying it isn´t the case)!