Will Pardew see next season out?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For what it's worth I hope he does stay, not because I particularly rate him but because it's high time we at least tried to build something. Unless we're in immediate danger of being relegated a manager should see the season out - that's one of the reasons I was so pissed off when Hughton was booted out. Not to mention the fact that I'm unsure who any replacement manager could even be.

Assuming we stay up (and aside from the investment the club is prepared to make, because the two don't necessarily seem to correlate in Ashley's world), I do wonder what the target will be for next season.

For what it's worth I hope he does stay, not because I particularly rate him but because it's high time we at least tried to build something. Unless we're in immediate danger of being relegated a manager should see the season out - that's one of the reasons I was so p*ssed off when Hughton was booted out. Not to mention the fact that I'm unsure who any replacement manager could even be.

Assuming we stay up (and aside from the investment the club is prepared to make, because the two don't necessarily seem to correlate in Ashley's world), I do wonder what the target will be for next season.

I hope the target is to be the best of all the average teams....im mean we shoud aim for the 6th or maybe 5th spot! Challenge Liverpool and Tottenham coz that is not that unrealistic already next season....top 4 is nothing we should think about, yet!

Guest Antec

For what it's worth I hope he does stay, not because I particularly rate him but because it's high time we at least tried to build something. Unless we're in immediate danger of being relegated a manager should see the season out - that's one of the reasons I was so pissed off when Hughton was booted out. Not to mention the fact that I'm unsure who any replacement manager could even be.

Read my post above to see what's in store for us. Hopefully Golfmag is wrong though, fingers crossed

Guest BooBoo

We'll almost certainly suffer some slippage next season and probably won't get the spectacular wins of this term. If the home crowd turns on him, he won't last.

Ashley brought him in to be "his man". He's going to do what Ashley asks him to do, he won't complain too much over player sales or make any sort of demand. He'll keep us comfortably in mid-table and Ashley will be very content with that. So, yes, he'll see out next season, which is depressing and incredibly uninspiring.

He will to an extent, but his salary is probably the lowest in the Premier League if the reports going around when he signed up are true, and will want to be as high up the league as possible for his own good nevermind ours. Of course he'll have to be careful with money spent but if he doesn't spend it'll hit his own pocket eventually, and I'm sure knocking around lower mid-table with little to spend will attract other Premier League clubs who'll give him a better contract, so he'll be wanting to spend.

Unfortunately, Pardew is Ashley and Del Boy's man, he'll be here for a while.

Unfortunately?

/Ah apologies, forgot. Any stability, and lets face it, relative success that Pardew remaining in charge for a good while to come would in all likelyhood mean, runs compleately contradictory to your anarchic nature. Amirite?

I think he might get through next season if he's lucky, I doubt he'll start the season after.  I think he'll be found out next season, if he isn't for the remainder of this one.

I think he might get through next season if he's lucky, I doubt he'll start the season after.  I think he'll be found out next season, if he isn't for the remainder of this one.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think he'll be sacked next season. He's done a very strong job and would love it to continue, but we're going to fuck up again eventually.

The 35m will be a curse but for different reasons in my opinion, my 'predicition' is that we'll see no way near enough of it spent and because of it the pressure will be put

in in the stands, which will effect things on the pitch and Pardew will be made scapegoat for it.

(Whilst im hoping for £10m net spend, im expecting a profit this transfer window)

This is why I voted that he'd be sacked - if the supporters aren't satisfied with player investment in the summer, the backlash against Ashley could be translated into lower attendances, and when combined with disappointing results (caused by yet another season of a thin, inadequate squad) Ashley will pull the trigger in a foolish attempt to deflect the supporter anger against him...

The 35m will be a curse but for different reasons in my opinion, my 'predicition' is that we'll see no way near enough of it spent and because of it the pressure will be put

in in the stands, which will effect things on the pitch and Pardew will be made scapegoat for it.

(Whilst im hoping for £10m net spend, im expecting a profit this transfer window)

This is why I voted that he'd be sacked - if the supporters aren't satisfied with player investment in the summer, the backlash against Ashley could be translated into lower attendances, and when combined with disappointing results (caused by yet another season of a thin, inadequate squad) Ashley will pull the trigger in a foolish attempt to deflect the supporter anger against him...

could well be he walks cos of grief from the stands. seems like many don't care what we bring in providing we spend the 35mill.

What rubbish.

Well this is the view i dont understand, you've said it yourself that more expnsive acquisitions are often correlated to the quality of the player. Well my argument which doesnt seem to be translating well in the posts is that these 'expensive acquisitions' weren't always expensive. It's really not rocket science.

It's easier to find these expensive acquisitions because they're are in the p[ublic domain more because of their performances, but what the likes of Arsenal have been doing and what we're trying to do is find these quality players before they become mainstream. If the clubs is doing its job right, then we spend little money but get big players.

I keep reading this £35m figure over and over again like it's a noose ready to hang the clubs neck with, I can guaratuee that many fans wont be objective enough to acknowledge a marked improvement in the squad, irrespective of cash spent.