Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Almost like some sort of... Rafalution. I hope the club uses that term. It's smart, catchy and 100% class. I can't see it in anyway being considered cringeworthy at all.

Here's to our RAFALUTION!

:thup: "Rafalution: No pasarán!"

I wonder if Rafa wasn't happy with Carr behind the scenes and flexed his muscles a bit, would like to think so.

Interesting.

How much negotiating would Carr have done with players? He may have had a part in missing out on some of our supposed targets.

I wonder if Rafa wasn't happy with Carr behind the scenes and flexed his muscles a bit, would like to think so.

I'd imagine that Carr has walked of his own volition because Rafa was cutting him out of his transfer plans and was using his own scouting methods.

It's a strange time to make this change in the middle of a transfer window when your scouts are working hard to find you the players you need. Perhaps all the hard work has already been done and the targets identified.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Hatem Ben Arfa in all of this.

You must have missed the two attention-whore trolls on page 70 :thup:

:lol: If you don't think HBA is our most "gifted" player ever you're an attention-whore troll? Alrighty then.

:lol: If you don't think HBA is our most "gifted" player ever you're an attention-whore troll? Alrighty then.

Ever? Have a word :lol:

Exactly.

Let's look at what you said, trolly mctroll:

About time, although I will always be grateful for Yohann Cabaye & arguably the most

naturally gifted footballer Newcastle United ever had Hatem Ben Arfa (come home Hatem).

absolute f***ing nonsense Ben arfa was not that at all. didn't have anywhere near the talent of Tino,Ginola,Solano,Peter Beardsley, gazza or even Laurent Robert

give your head a shake

Judging purely on talent then HBA's one of the most gifted we've had.

I'm with geordiedean on this one. "Talent" isn't just about technique.

I don't get the Ben Arfa obsession. I loved seeing him play, as I've loved many players at this club. Good players come and go.

So you're agreeing with the notion that HBA is "not all that" and "doesn't have anywhere near the talent of Tino,Ginola,Solano,Peter Beardsley, gazza or even Laurent Robert"

Yep, you're a troll. Or a retard.

Look at me, swimming against popular opinion! Look at me offering contrary contentions that are unfounded in the real world! Look at me shunning the near universal love this forum has for a fabulously talented footballer who could do things the likes of Solano, Asprilla, Robert and Ginola could only dream of, or Beardsley and Gascoigne might have done on a good day thirty years ago...

Guest reefatoon

In terms of flair, agility and technique, Ben Arfa is above any other player I've seen, apart from Maradona and maybe Messi. He's not some talented footballer, he's a genius. f*** the haters.

Wow

In terms of flair, agility and technique, Ben Arfa is above any other player I've seen, apart from Maradona and maybe Messi. He's not some talented footballer, he's a genius. f*** the haters.

Wow

Wow indeed. I can understand why people would put HBA in the same bracket as Maradona or Messi,or many other superstars who have achieved so much more, on technical ability. There was something about his fluidity of movement with the ball, touch and control that was/is exceptional. What a gift. However, if you look at all round effectiveness of our own historical players, their individual impact in a game, real end product and influence on the team then personally I wouldn't put HBA even in the same league as a 'prime time' Beardsley, Ginola, Gascoigne, or Solano; not even see him as being as effective as Lee, Asprilla, or Robert. Not an exhaustive list, btw, just using comparisons above. I am not talking about talent here, just effectiveness. If you want to win games who would you rather have in your team?

Guest reefatoon

All true. It's the way he said "maybe Messi" as if they are even on the same planet when it comes down to agility and technique. The Ben Arfa love really does swing into scary mode at times on here.

Let's look at what you said, trolly mctroll:

About time, although I will always be grateful for Yohann Cabaye & arguably the most

naturally gifted footballer Newcastle United ever had Hatem Ben Arfa (come home Hatem).

absolute f***ing nonsense Ben arfa was not that at all. didn't have anywhere near the talent of Tino,Ginola,Solano,Peter Beardsley, gazza or even Laurent Robert

give your head a shake

Judging purely on talent then HBA's one of the most gifted we've had.

I'm with geordiedean on this one. "Talent" isn't just about technique.

I don't get the Ben Arfa obsession. I loved seeing him play, as I've loved many players at this club. Good players come and go.

So you're agreeing with the notion that HBA is "not all that" and "doesn't have anywhere near the talent of Tino,Ginola,Solano,Peter Beardsley, gazza or even Laurent Robert"

Yep, you're a troll. Or a retard.

Look at me, swimming against popular opinion! Look at me offering contrary contentions that are unfounded in the real world! Look at me shunning the near universal love this forum has for a fabulously talented footballer who could do things the likes of Solano, Asprilla, Robert and Ginola could only dream of, or Beardsley and Gascoigne might have done on a good day thirty years ago...

Life will be tough if you're getting worked up by things like this.

Technically, dribbling-wise etc HBA is top class but his football intelligence and decision making isn't. He can be very frustrating to watch. Amazing when at his best though.

Beardsley > HBA ... until I see Ben Arfa leg it back 20 yards, do a scooping slide tackle to take the ball off the opposition's toes, get back up to his feet and then lolololol all the way back towards goal to score.

clearly the well where he pulled all that dodgy contract knowledge of the french league ran dry. good riddance.

I think other English clubs had also cottoned on to the market we were in. See Swansea with Gomis & Bony. In 2011 or 12 we'd have probably got them.

I thought overall that he did a very good job...as a scout.  Where the issues began is when he was asked to become more than a scout.  He unearthed some real gems but he needed a stronger football person to report to.  If he and Rafa can't work together it's better that he leaves.