Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Alan Pardew became peripheral in transfers. In the January transfer window of 2013, five French players arrived at St James’ Park and Pardew didn't even recognise one of them.

:lol: Pardew man. Still makes me so angry. Clueless dipstick.

Considering how much influence Carr had, why didn't he insist on Pardew getting binned sooner as he had no clue about any of the players being provided?!

Good riddance to them both. So happy they are now both history.

I'm sure when we signed Riviere, Pards didn't know where to play him in training as he'd never heard of him :lol:

Can't blame him for either, tbf.

Guest neesy111

Alan Pardew became peripheral in transfers. In the January transfer window of 2013, five French players arrived at St James’ Park and Pardew didn't even recognise one of them.

Considering how much influence Carr had, why didn't he insist on Pardew getting binned sooner as he had no clue about any of the players being provided?!

The manager should always have say on transfers as he is the one who has to coach them into a them.

Pardew was an idiot but he was completely stitched up by the transfer strategy.

The thing is though why couldn't Pardew be in discussion with Carr regarding these players?!

He should have at least been shown all the scouting intel on them while Carr was in the process of getting them in, so he was prepared to at least have a clue on how to utilize them.

Absolutely ridiculous situation.

Pardew stitched up, howay man. He rode the wave of the signings that worked out then cried foul about it when things were going south. It was a perfect situation for a charlatan like him. He hasn't got a clue on transfers, look at his record at Palace where he just bought players he'd seen on Match Of The Day.

The manager should always have say on transfers.

Not when he's Alan Pardew they shouldn't, if he had his way he'd have signed the likes of Darren Bent, Steve Sidwell etc etc. Hell one of the worst players we have to this day is an Alan Pardew signing.

Guest neesy111

Pardew stitched up, howay man. He rode the wave of the signings that worked out then cried foul about it when things were going south. It was a perfect situation for a charlatan like him. He hasn't got a clue on transfers, look at his record at Palace where he just bought players he'd seen on Match Of The Day.

Palace actually signed good players, he just didn't know how to manage them.

Pardew definitely wasn't stitched up. He knew the deal and couldn't be arsed to get familiar with the players Carr was going after beforehand. He is a moron.

He was handed players with good potential and reduced them to complete garbage and lost all the games 0-4. Carr looks worse because of him and knows it, he told me in person.

Which players had good potential that he reduced to complete garbage?

Pardew's a woeful manager who obviously has a problem getting the best out of his players, but let's not pretend the players who looked garbage under him here weren't just talentless garbage who never should've been signed in the first place.

I'll always harp back to that Villa away game. We were brilliant, pretty much a 'Graeme Carr' team, and I don't think we saw it again.

Krul

Debuchy

Santon

Coloccini

Mbiwa

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Remy

Cisse

Think there was a game not long after, maybe Everton away, and Pardew just ripped that up and instead we had the likes of Williamson & Gouffran starting every week.

I'll always harp back to that Villa away game. We were brilliant, pretty much a 'Graeme Carr' team, and I don't think we saw it again.

Krul

Debuchy

Santon

Coloccini

Mbiwa

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Remy

Cisse

Think there was a game not long after, maybe Everton away, and Pardew just ripped that up and instead we had the likes of Williamson & Gouffran starting every week.

Mbiwa had a bad game as he got caught out a couple of times. I think they were 4-1 up at half time.  We scored a couple of decent goals by individuals but the whole team was a mess by Pardew.

Krul

Debuchy

Santon

Coloccini

Mbiwa

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Remy

Cisse

Wasn't that not the game we were drawing 1-1 and Pardew brought Gouffran on and he scored the winner?

The Everton game I think you are referring to would have been a couple of weeks later. Pretty sure it was on Monday night Football. We were 3-0 down at half time but managed to get back to 3-2 although that scoreline really flattered us.

"Benitez devoured information and videos of any possible target and spoke to agents about contract clauses and unhappy players who he might be able to sign. That was not Carr’s way. Benitez wanted control and he wanted the incredible level of detail that has been a symbol of the club’s revival under his leadership in every signing."

Move out of the way, Carr.

"Benitez devoured information and videos of any possible target and spoke to agents about contract clauses and unhappy players who he might be able to sign. That was not Carr’s way. Benitez wanted control and he wanted the incredible level of detail that has been a symbol of the club’s revival under his leadership in every signing."

Move out of the way, Carr.

Where's that from?