Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

He wasn't a bad sort. Perhaps some dodgy judgement at times, but how much of that would have been influenced by Ashley.

He was however a mouthpiece for the regime in some truly awful times and never made a fuss when having to work with the likes of Pardew. So basically at worst he's a spineless scout with questionable judgement.

Never got caught in brothels or fiddled with children either, that's a plus. And did bring in one or two decent players.

Wish him the best.

Even according to his own sons autobiography, he's a bit of a Kernt.

Have you read Alan Carr's autobiography? :lol:

Rumours are he's been signed by Sunderland, he assumed in a scouting capacity only to be told he is playing up front

He did a great job in finding some good bargains, hell we paid 2 million or so for Sissoko and sold him for 30. 4 or 5 for Cabaye and sold him for 20 million. Hell even some of the ones that failed like Thauvin, Cabella, Mwbia etc, were more a case of being poorly managed than anything else. The one aspect I didn't like about him was the part he played in bringing McClaren to the club, it was clearly his recommendation, his friend and it cost us our PL status.

I think we definitely benefitted from him in the beginning, he brought in some hungry, talented players that buzzed in that first full season together. Bringing in Cisse at just the right time to re-ignite the spark. That season would have been very different with Pardew's signings.

And then having given him an 8yr contract, Ashley basically sent him on gardening leave. And entrusted squad development to a man who couldn't develop a polaroid.

With a good manager at that time we could have still progressed, Carr was clearly still working hard in the background, given the signings that belatedly arrived. And they arrived in a similar fashion. Janmaat, Gouffran, and Sissoko were all hungry and talented, but the simmering pot of expectation that once was had become a festering pan of mouldy broth.

I think under a different regime he may have been praised a bit more. I take on board all the good signings he scouted, but they're from a time where my love of football had almost evaporated because of pardew, ashley etc. The piping off of mclaren to make sure we got that cretin instead of a real manager was the icing on the depression tasting cake for me. It's another worry about Rafa staying removed as far as I'm concerned.

Bottom line is that I'm glad he's gone.

The fact he's gone is good news purely as it signals a change of regime - rather than a celebration of the personnel leaving.

Rafael Benitez FC in full flow

Guest reefatoon

Unless he has walked before Rafa has after the lawyer cunt had kaboshed every deal they had been working on so far.  It's all falling apart i tells ya.

Unless he has walked before Rafa has after the lawyer c*** had kaboshed every deal they had been working on so far.  It's all falling apart i tells ya.

Rafa would've walked if any deal he was working on looked like being 'kaboshed'. He's been aware of the lawyer appointment for months.

Almost like some sort of... Rafalution. I hope the club uses that term. It's smart, catchy and 100% class. I can't see it in anyway being considered cringeworthy at all.

Here's to our RAFALUTION!