Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

In terms of flair, agility and technique, Ben Arfa is above any other player I've seen, apart from Maradona and maybe Messi. He's not some talented footballer, he's a genius. Fuck the haters.

Maybe Messi :spit:

72. Paid off. Happy days for him.

Was never going to work with a top manager. He did well in certain cases but seems the right time to go.

I've defended him loads for his scouting record (and still believe he was hamstrung by Ashley being a cheapskate, i.e. some of his targets we missed out on for the sake of a million or two have gone on to prove themselves massively and triple or quadruple in price while we signed his n-th choice recommendation), but the right time to go was when he dared to suggest his good mate Steve McClaren as our manager. Deserved the boot for that alone, and the idiot who gave him the power to make it happen deserves far worse.

I thought overall that he did a very good job...as a scout.  Where the issues began is when he was asked to become more than a scout.  He unearthed some real gems but he needed a stronger football person to report to.  If he and Rafa can't work together it's better that he leaves.

Unearthed. He signed French international who, shock horror, turned out to be good. The players he unearthed were virtually all utter shit.

A lot of his picks were decent tbf. Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy, M'biwa, Tiote, HBA, Santon. I know all of them weren't great (M'Biwa, Tiote/Sissoko for large parts) but I think they were decent signings for where we were at that time.

That's not to forget the dross we also signed, but I don't think he was completely terrible. I'm glad he's gone though so Rafa is in full control.

Basically a kid playing Football Manager probably would have had as much success at suggesting players to sign, from France, to Ashley. Absolute dinosaur, as has been said he was clearly dodgy as well. Good riddance.

Guest chopey

Did a canny job

Some good signings

Some poor signings

Majority of them were poorly managed

Probably made more money than lost

Rafa's here now.

In terms of flair, agility and technique, Ben Arfa is above any other player I've seen, apart from Maradona and maybe Messi. He's not some talented footballer, he's a genius. f*** the haters.

Maybe Messi :spit:

Knew I'd get a reaction :lol: Tbh Messi is obviously *better* than Ben Arfa in every single way.. But I stand by the rest of my post.

There are hundreds of players more effective than Ben Arfa, probably thousands with better character. But when it comes to ability to do the unexpected, dribbling/kicking technique he can match any player, even the all-time greats IMO.

The fact that players like Steve Howey (nevermind Pedro) dwarf his contribution to NUFC is irrelevant to the point I was making. He's an artist, he plays with his heart, on the field he is what fucking football is about (for me).

Alan Pardew became peripheral in transfers. In the January transfer window of 2013, five French players arrived at St James’ Park and Pardew didn't even recognise one of them.

:lol: Pardew man. Still makes me so angry. Clueless dipstick.

Considering how much influence Carr had, why didn't he insist on Pardew getting binned sooner as he had no clue about any of the players being provided?!

Good riddance to them both. So happy they are now both history.

Alan Pardew became peripheral in transfers. In the January transfer window of 2013, five French players arrived at St James’ Park and Pardew didn't even recognise one of them.

:lol: Pardew man. Still makes me so angry. Clueless dipstick.

Considering how much influence Carr had, why didn't he insist on Pardew getting binned sooner as he had no clue about any of the players being provided?!

Good riddance to them both. So happy they are now both history.

I'm sure when we signed Riviere, Pards didn't know where to play him in training as he'd never heard of him :lol: