Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 02/04/11 - Pre-match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

To my recollection, we played a CM of Barton and Smith at their place and we weren't outplayed in the midfield at all, it was fairly even. Henry and Smith kind of cancelled each other out as talentless thugs.

Correct...also that chap we sent back to QPR had a good game too.

Alright, alright, settle down, enough of this club finances lark, forget this Carroll international goal tripe, to hell with rumours of Jose being unsettled, let's get back to the reeeeal meat and potatos of our club in its present state, the reeeeal bread and butter...

...will Pardew start Peter Lovenkrands as striker or right mid? ???

Ben Arfa is fit having played a few games behind closed doors over the last 2 weeks. He was late though, so Pardew has promoted the magnificently punctual Phil Airey ahead of him in the pecking order. He was fifteen fucking minutes early for the last training session. That's class you can't buy.

Any injury news yet? I know Pardew was hoping Best would be fit, what about Enrique?

Ireland?

Best, Ireland and Enrique all still doubtful.  So much for his new approach of ruling players out by the Wednesday before a game! 

Hopefully Jose and Best are both fit, bring Best in for Lovenkrands and Guthrie for Tiote.

Two weeks off and we're still unsure ffs.

They're clearly not fit, don't risk them. I know it's an important game, but there's little point wasting a substitution if any of them have to come off after 15mins, injured for the next game as well.

Any injury news yet? I know Pardew was hoping Best would be fit, what about Enrique?

Ireland?

Best, Ireland and Enrique all still doubtful.  So much for his new approach of ruling players out by the Wednesday before a game! 

Hopefully Jose and Best are both fit, bring Best in for Lovenkrands and Guthrie for Tiote.

It does my head in that if I could have one out of that three fit, it would be Leon Best.

To my recollection, we played a CM of Barton and Smith at their place and we weren't outplayed in the midfield at all, it was fairly even. Henry and Smith kind of cancelled each other out as talentless thugs.

Correct...also that chap we sent back to QPR had a good game too.

Perch was ok in that game too, but you are not allowed to say that because it flys in the face of the popular belief that he is never worthy of being given credit for anything.

Going by the trusted 'bibs in training' methodology the side will be this:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo Jose

Barton Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Shola  Best

Surprisingly no sign of the mercurial talent Stephen Ireland anywhere!

What was on at Tup Tup last night?

Going by the trusted 'bibs in training' methodology the side will be this:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo Jose

Barton Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Shola  Best

Surprisingly no sign of the mercurial talent Stephen Ireland anywhere!

I'd be happy enough with that. :thup:

I was at the game and Perch played ok, the Wolves player was through on goal and was just about to score. Perch stopped him, but never mind its more fun to slag him off even though he stopped a goal.