Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 02/04/11 - Pre-match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Fact is, until he gets his first goal for us Ranger is only perfectly suited to us seeing a game out. And even then, he misses the chance to put the game to bed.*

*DISCLAIMER - This is a comment on Ranger and not on our other strikers - you know, just before the "SO YOU'D RATHER HAVE LOVENKRANDS!!1 LOLZ!" comments.

How do you work that out?

Because I'd rather not start a player who can't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Fact is, until he gets his first goal for us Ranger is only perfectly suited to us seeing a game out. And even then, he misses the chance to put the game to bed.*

*DISCLAIMER - This is a comment on Ranger and not on our other strikers - you know, just before the "SO YOU'D RATHER HAVE LOVENKRANDS!!1 LOLZ!" comments.

He is more of a threat than any of the other starters, who have had numerous chances to prove they are good enough.

He is more of a threat than any of the other starters, who have had numerous chances to prove they are good enough.

Aye, but he's not taking any of the chances. Being a 'threat' doesn't win you matches. That's why I said "until he gets his first goal"

I'm not expecting Pards to give away his tactical masterplan that he's been hatching to tear wolves apart (like we did with stoke!..ahem!) but what are the bets that if Guthrie is starting he'll be played on the right and not in the middle?!!! 

I'm not expecting Pards to give away his tactical masterplan that he's been hatching to tear wolves apart (like we did with stoke!..ahem!) but what are the bets that if Guthrie is starting he'll be played on the right and not in the middle?!!! 

Probably not. Pardew didn't do that against the Mackems or Spurs.

Harper

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Enrique

Barton - Guthrie - Nolan - Jonas

Lovenkrands - Ameobi

... if that team makes it (as it's how i see Pardew will line us up), i think we can grab a win.

Guest The_Optimistic

Sorry to say but I would happily take a point.

And you're called the Optimistic why? :lol:

Believe me I will be absolutely over the moon if we win, no matter how as I think that will be us safe. But I can't see us scoring 2 goals so a good defensive display is needed to get all 3 points.  Lets just hope Jose is 100% fit this time.