Newcastle United 4 - 1 Wolves - 02/04/11 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Guest TrueToon

my bad is 7th and 6th now not europe? ive been out the country,who won the carling cup?

:lol:

indeed :lol:

Birmingham won it

Birmingham beat Arsenal!! 2-1 and Martins scored wow! I see...

Everyone played their part today I think.  Williamson looked a bit ropey but improved a little over the game.  Guthrie was obviously told to sit deep and did alright IMO, we never got overran in midfield even when Nolan pushed on.

Just got back from that game and it was a nice win. Any lingering fears of relegation are gone and we can look forward to a meaningless, pressure-less end to the season. Personally didn't think ameobi played well, but hey ho. The best moment was either coloccini's masterpiece for the 3rd or stevie taylor's superman run (which he continued all the way) that led to him celebrating on his own, as if he scored. the mentalist! i'm convinced jonas only scored because he aimed for the corner flag and it accidently snuck in.

but overall a lovely win, beautiful weather. cracking day!

Harper 6-wish he would catch the ball instead of punching/flapping it.

Simpson 6-apart from their goal he played well.

Williamson 7-solid enough though Ewanks-Bloke troubled him at times

Colo 8-majestic

Ferguson 7-played very well.

Gutierrez 7-infuriating in the main but an excellent finish.

Guthrie 7-dont remember him giving away the ball and made some good interceptions too.

Nolan 7 -lead the team well but possibly should have seen red.

Barton 8-such a crafted performance.

Lovenkrands 7-worked hard and deserved his goal

Ameobi 9-my man of the match.Really put a shift in and terrorised their centre halves.

Absolutely huge result.

Well done to everyone, can't really pick a bad performer out of the lot of them. Barton just oozes utter class and Shola actually looked like a capable PL striker for the most-part.

For me, all is forgiven for at least a week with Steven Taylor. His and Jonas' celebration for that fourth goal has to be the greatest thing that I've ever seen at SJP :lol: It was almost symmetrical as they ran around the corners and up either side of the touchline :laugh:

What a great day :celb: :celb:

That's definitely Guthrie's best role, where he's tucked in behind Nolan. He's not going to go in hard on tackles, but he gets loose balls, makes the right passes, and cleans up play a bit. It's the same way he played at the tail-end of last season when we did so well.

Harper - 6. Kicking was slightly better but still looks a bit hit-and-hope. Flapping at crosses too. Okay overall i guess.

Simpson - 6. Not his best game. Jarvis frightened him quite a bit i think, but he put in a couple of decent meaty tackles.

Williamson - 5. Thought he had a bit of a stinker tbh. Ebanks-Blake had the beating of him for pretty much the whole game.

Coloccini - 9. Strong at the back and exceptional from an attack-building perspective. Such a player.

Ferguson - 7. Played well. Looked a tiny bit nervous at the start but that faded quickly. He does look a bit lightweight to me.

Barton - 8. Thought he was a bit Jekyll and Hyde, but he did the good things with enough regularity to be a key man.

Guthrie - 7. Vital cog in the engine room. Pass and move, the simple stuff. Good game.

Nolan - 7. Typical performance. Good goal and rallied the troops Forgot he was playing in the second half.

Jonas - 7. I actually thought he was having a bit of a pants game up until the goal. Delivery was kinda shite but the late goal was class.

Ameobi - 8. Led the line, won the aerial battle, scored a good goal. Really good game from Shola.

Lovenkrands - 7. Goal and an assist, can't argue with that.

Guest Geordiesned

Great day. Toon win 4-1. Whitley back at Wembley. PA announcer plays Beady Eye, The Beat Goes On on the way out.

Guest toonlass

Belta game. James Perch surprised me by being actually ok when he came on, Ferguson got a standing ovation when he went off which was canny. Nice that all four goals were scored by different players. Nolan was all over the pitch. Real captain's performance. Shola was mint, he needs to play in a mask all the time. Colocinni should be given the freedom of Newcastle.

EDIT: oh and that shite "take it like a fan" was being filmed at half time. Lad scored a spot-kick and did the chicken dance celebration.

I thought Fergie was really good today, maybe a little bit nervous about pushing forward but was solid enough.

As for Perch he did do well BUT mostly he did well on making up for his fkn mistakes.

Great result, was quite nervous about this one just had a bad feeling about it. Our yo-yo season continues, for every sensational result/scoreline theres a bad one. Think this was a key game though, needed to end the run we were on and also beat a probable relegation candidate.

Stoke-Chelsea is match choice on Football First. :lol:

What should have been on?

Possibly the 3pm game with the most goals? Like it is every other fucking week.