Newcastle United 4 - 1 Wolves - 02/04/11 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Shola looks a bit like...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/02/article-1372643-0B7377FC00000578-206_634x386.jpg

The black kid from Malcolm in the Middle

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/506401/260880294_small.jpg

shouldn't you also say he's wearing glasses ?

I just managed to catch the goals just now and the third goal was mint due to how Colo beat his man and played Barton through. Not to be negative, but what struck me with the camera view facing the goal is that after Colo passed the ball to Barton, the only players making any sort run was Loven and Colo himself. Ameobi was just trudging along watching the ball and all other midfielders (at least those in view) were static. That's kind of sad, it if was any of the top teams, you would see 3 to 4 players making a mad dash to get into the box.

I just managed to catch the goals just now and the third goal was mint due to how Colo beat his man and played Barton through. Not to be negative, but what struck me with the camera view facing the goal is that after Colo passed the ball to Barton, the only players making any sort run was Loven and Colo himself. Ameobi was just trudging along watching the ball and all other midfielders (at least those in view) were static. That's kind of sad, it if was any of the top teams, you would see 3 to 4 players making a mad dash to get into the box.

Fair point. We don't really have a fast counter-attack in our locker and that needs addressing.

4-1 down, stuck in a relegation dogfight, Wayne Hennessy does the sensible thing, lying down, having a kip and waiting for the whole fiasco to blow over.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9479/screenshot20110404at095.png

Classic Taylor, innit?!

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9479/screenshot20110404at095.png

Fair point. We don't really have a fast counter-attack in our locker and that needs addressing.

Not sure about that, the whole move unfolded in a couple of seconds quite far up the pitch after a mistake by Wolves. There was no time for many people to get forward, we did brilliantly to exploit it so incisively.

Not sure about that, the whole move unfolded in a couple of seconds quite far up the pitch after a mistake by Wolves. There was no time for many people to get forward, we did brilliantly to exploit it so incisively.

You may have a point but I thought after Colo got past his man, there were more than enough time for others to join the attack. Instead all he had was Ameobi standing there waiting for the ball, Barton who was running and Lovenkrads who was actually in an offiside position and who didnt even try to drop back so that he would not be offside should the ball be played to him. Where were the rest? I don't expect them to all end up in the penalty box, but I would have liked to see some effort and attempt to provide Colo with some options

Again after Colo passed the ball to Barton, you can see Ameobi just sort of watching the ball from outside the penalty looking disinterested instead of making a dash into the box. It's possible that some were in fact making runs and were just outside the camera angle I was watching, but I think that is highly unlikely given that the angle was facing the goal and covered a large part of Wolves half.

Think this game would have been more perfect if the clearance that rebounded off Shola crept just over their keeper and under the bar.

Haha, forgot about that. Did they even show it on MOTD? Can't remember.