Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Our midfield is weak, but I think theirs will be just that little bit weaker. When we had the ball in midfield against Wolves we were in complete control of the game, you would have noticed that when they were attacking most of our midfielders if not all were in our own final 3rd while our forward were having to play deep. So if we can keep possession of the ball in midfield then we should be able to control the game.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'll f***ing love it if we beat these. Nout would please me more than to see them go down

Definitely, would love nothing more than some top class p*ss taking at the weekend.

If we were going in with tiote, Nolan and Jose I firmy believe we would get something

Harper

Simpson      Coloccini    Williamson      Enrique

Guthrie

Barton

Jonas                                                Ferguson

Ameobi        Lovenkrands

Not convinced about Barton in the middle, nor Jonas on the right. I'd prefer Ranger than Loven but don't fix it and all that.

It's pretty much the only sensible team we have left TBH. Still think a combination of Enrique and Ferguson could prove pretty dynamic, who plays right back for Villa BTW?

Harper

Simpson      Coloccini    Williamson      Enrique

Guthrie

Barton

Jonas                                                Ferguson

Ameobi        Lovenkrands

Not convinced about Barton in the middle, nor Jonas on the right. I'd prefer Ranger than Loven but don't fix it and all that.

It's pretty much the only sensible team we have left TBH. Still think a combination of Enrique and Ferguson could prove pretty dynamic, who plays right back for Villa BTW?

Kyle Walker.

If we manage to field bot Enrique and Ferguson, we have a pretty good chance to get a decent result. Satisfied with a draw. Although a victory will be immense. But most of the pressure is on Villa. And I think their group morale is lousy these days. If we get the first goal, that could kill them..

If we manage to field bot Enrique and Ferguson, we have a pretty good chance to get a decent result. Satisfied with a draw. Although a victory will be immense. But most of the pressure is on Villa. And I think their group morale is lousy these days. If we get the first goal, that could kill them..

Agreed, I don't think that much has changed since we first played them, except we're a bit lighter on players.

Guest MrSundlofer

I have had daily talk with a Villa fan about this game. He has good knowledge about the team and their lineup will most likely be:

Friedel

Walker  Dunne  Collins  L.Young

Makoun  Reo-Coker

Downing                        A.Young

Agbonlahor Bent

Kyle Walker is highly rated at the club and they want to sign him 100% but Redknapp want him at Tottenham next year. But, Walker had a poor game last time against Everton and was very sad after the game. This guy is fast.

Ashley Young has now been moved to left wing, be played central attacking midfielder before but wasn't good playing there. He is also the captain.

The fans are also practicing on a old song they will sing on Sunday.

We will win 2-0  :icon_rr:

Downing was good against us, I thought. Some abysmal standing off like but he caused us problems.

I've never rated Downing that highly, but he's been great for Villa this season when I've seen them. Obviously a good player to be fair to him.