Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 10/04/11 - post match reaction from page 27

Nate

Ranger= Joke, could've been two up in first half had he lifted his head.

Colo in midfield does not work.

Barton for England, onthis showing he's been on the glue or something.

Bad miss at end from loven.

Trying to look for positives, they didn't looklike scoring either...

Positives:

Harper was great

Williamson was solid, and Guthrie was better than expected.

Jonas had a great first half.

Negatives:

Ranger was awful.

Jose's heart doesn't look in it at the minute, but he's still quality.

Coloccini not a CM.  Imagine that.

Barton's worst performance for us this season.  Needs to shut his mouth and do his talking on the pitch.

Guest toonlass

f**k off.  Bunch of useless c**ts!!!  Asking for two wins in the row a bit too much was it? 

I'm getting dragged to f**kin tescos now by the mrs..... can this day get anyworse?....just shoot me now. 

Aye it can, cos unless it's a Tesco's extra it'll have shut at 4

f**k off.  Bunch of useless c**ts!!!  Asking for two wins in the row a bit too much was it? 

I'm getting dragged to f**kin tescos now by the mrs..... can this day get anyworse?....just shoot me now. 

:lol:

:lol:

ranger didnt win a header all day, apart from a couple of early ones in the opening minutes. he's strong and has a good leap but his movement and how he judges the flight of the ball are non-league standard.

Guest BooBoo

ranger didnt win a header all day, apart from a couple of early ones in the opening minutes. he's strong and has a good leap but his movement and how he judges the flight of the ball are non-league standard.

He's just a flat out poor footballer.

Does it depress anyone else that it's often pretty easy to predict exactly how our games will play out at a really early stage in the match? If we don't look like we're going to win from the start then we normally don't. With a couple of notable exceptions we simply don't seem to be able to change the game.

Very poor performance. Too many players simply going through the motions today and that saddens me. Feel for the lads who paid to travel down to watch such garbage. Being not good enough is one thing, but lack of effort is something else.

Barton was disgraceful.  Wouldn't shut his mouth, stopped playing several times to complain, and offered none of the quality that's made him good this year.  Enrique offered the only moments of quality; although he faffed about way too much, he showed genuine class more than anyone else on the pitch for either side.

Predictably forgettable.  We are bereft of depth and it showed yet again.

Guest BooBoo

Does it depress anyone else that it's often pretty easy to predict exactly how our games will play out at a really early stage in the match? If we don't look like we're going to win from the start then we normally don't. With a couple of notable exceptions we simply don't seem to be able to change the game.

Yep, neither of our managers this year have been capable of an effective tactical reshuffle. The paucity of the squad doesn't help mind.

Harper

Jonas

Jose

Guthrie

Colo

Simpson

all of the above were okay

S. Taylor  unfit and at times as usual a liability

Loven tried from little service

Nile tried when he could be arsed but again little service

Joey I thought let us right down today

R. Taylor should maybe have started

Harper - 6.5 - Did okay, not great for the goal, passing iffy. Strong left palm.

Simpson - 6 - Reasonable, wasn't helped by those around him.

Williamson - 6 - As above, would like to give him more because he had to spend the game next to...

S. Taylor - 0 - I hate you.

Enrique - 4 - Disinterested, much?

Barton - 4 - Tried way too hard. Nothing came off. Got wound up. Could do with a word/cool down. Just lucky he wasn't sent off really.

Guthrie - 4.5 - West Brom (a) repeat. Never wants to breach that sacred half-way line. Seriously poor "athlete".

Colo - 6 - Respect to him for playing out of position because Pardew asked him to/suspensions. Hope he isn't asked to do so again, mind you.

Jonas - 7 - A whopping 7 gives him MoTM. Mainly for his first half performance. Was as ineffective as anyone else in the second half, though I can understand why you'd lose morale playing in that side today.

Ranger - 5 - Frustrating really. Looked quite a handful first half but obviously fluffed his lines for those opening two chances. Saw how much stick he got in the match thread - a lot of it undeserved IMO - he had zero support. That said, he was garbage. Just garbage on a par with everyone else IMO.

Loven - 5 - Invisible man. Didn't really try to unsettle the Villa defenders. Never will be able to, again.

Pardew - 4 - Save most of my venom for having wasted 2 hours of my life and a week's worth of waiting for Pardew. Once again a failure to motivate the team and worryingly, once more, no real strategy. Worst half-time team talk ever, too. :wave: Still not liking.

Ref - 3

Deserved fuck all today tbh. Couldn't string more than two passes together and no-one was showing for it up front. Piss poor. Fucking hate some of those villa players an' all. Young. Cunt. Uglybonlahor. Cunt.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.