Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Popped into a bookies on Deansgate today, the shortest odds for a Newcastle FGS was 10/1- (Ameobi and Lovenkrands). Ludicrously high considering we're at home. I didnt put any cash on, but amazing prices.

On Betfair Shola and Loven are both 5/1ish to score at any point. Think Loven is more like 15/1 to bag the first with Shola at 12s. Tempted to stick a score on shola anytime but knowing my luck if I do the big lad will limp off after ten minutes.

EDIT: Shola back in to 4s, obviously someone was thinking the same

Tiote and Guthrie in the middle might be interesting. Maybe not the goal threat that Nolan provides but a bit more pass and move if Guthrie is up for it. Not the worst midfield.

Alan Mullery or whoever on SSN: "Joey Barton on the right, not too keen on that.  Would much rather see him alongside Tiote as he's far more effective in there".

:lol:

Watched plenty of us this year then.

At least he isn't getting paid for that expert opinion...

Alan Mullery or whoever on SSN: "Joey Barton on the right, not too keen on that.  Would much rather see him alongside Tiote as he's far more effective in there".

:lol:

Watched plenty of us this year then.

At least he isn't getting paid for that expert opinion...

:lol: Yeah, at least there's that.

In other news we're giving Jonas a go on the left despite the fact he's right-footed.