Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

I hope we get properly stuck in tonight. We pretty much have nowt to lose. Get loads of snide s*** going too (shame Nolan isn't playing as he does this well), get them riled and get the crowd going and we stand a chance.

Absolutely this. A couple of bad (but ultimately harmless) decisions from the ref would also help to get the crowd really riled up.

I hope we get properly stuck in tonight. We pretty much have nowt to lose. Get loads of snide s*** going too (shame Nolan isn't playing as he does this well), get them riled and get the crowd going and we stand a chance.

Absolutely this. A couple of bad (but ultimately harmless) decisions from the ref would also help to get the crowd really riled up.

Definitely. Always makes for a better spectacle too. Don't know much about Probert (the ref) like so whether he can be got it I don't know.

That's basically our first choice eleven apart from no Nolan (and Best?)

Obviously ignoring the likes of Ben Arfa, Ireland and Gosling for the time being... since I'm not convinced that they're not just holograms.

Harper?

Owen on the bench, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

If the fucker is involved of 3 of Man Utd's remaining games he gets a medal and will officially be a Premier League winner.  :puke:

Bet he'd retire after, would just be fucking typical of that lucky cunt to end his career like that.

That's basically our first choice eleven apart from no Nolan (and Best?)

Obviously ignoring the likes of Ben Arfa, Ireland and Gosling for the time being... since I'm not convinced that they're not just holograms.

Harper?

Wo there, never spotted that.  Never even knew he was out, where have I been?

I hope we get properly stuck in tonight. We pretty much have nowt to lose. Get loads of snide shit going too (shame Nolan isn't playing as he does this well), get them riled and get the crowd going and we stand a chance.

:lol: This.

This....

CMMMMMOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!

Guest BooBoo

We have to score first and preferably not too early as it'll just annoy them. Playing Man Utd at home, we often in the past have taken the lead and ended up losing.

Buzzing for this now. First home game i've watched on TV for three seasons, its usually my luck that the ones I miss aren't on. Hate watching games on the box though, for some reason they seem to have me far more anxious than when i'm in the ground. We can get something tonight, it won't be easy but its doable!!

We have to score first and preferably not too early as it'll just annoy them. Playing Man Utd at home, we often in the past have taken the lead and ended up losing.

Aye, that's my fear. Score early and we'll lose 5-2 or some bollocks.

Guest BooBoo

Buzzing for this now. First home game i've watched on TV for three seasons, its usually my luck that the ones I miss aren't on. Hate watching games on the box though, for some reason they seem to have me far more anxious than when i'm in the ground. We can get something tonight, it won't be easy but its doable!!

Agreed I hate watching our games on telly, unless accompanied by vast measures of ale. Tempted to just avoid a stream and watch the text updates. Watching a Man Utd biased commentary tonight will be bad for my blood pressure.

Guest BooBoo

Popped into a bookies on Deansgate today, the shortest odds for a Newcastle FGS was 10/1- (Ameobi and Lovenkrands). Ludicrously high considering we're at home. I didnt put any cash on, but amazing prices.