SSN: Scott Parker gets Football Writers' Player of the Year

Interpolic

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Devil's Advocate:

Does Nolan drive the team on like Scott Parker?

Has Nolan tried to turn games around on his own?

Perhaps the press have looked for performances over goals? (As is often debated on here at least once a week regarding Nolan)

Though, I will admit, I'm slightly worried that the top 3 are:

Parker

Bale

Modric

In that they are all London based clubs.

He deserves to get a bit of recognition.

Don't really get the relegation argument people are throwing out.  You can theoretically be the 'best' player of the league season and still get relegated...

Aye put him in a good team and he'd be frustrating as f*** to watch. Looks good in a rubbish team because of his energy levels not ability.

Think these awards tend to strike a balance between ability and application.

People in here need to take the blinkers off, parker has been phenomenal this season, without doubt among the best 3 players and its a well deserved award as far as I'm concerned.

:thup:

2 Words

Southern Press

2 words BULL SHIT

He has been excellent this season and as much as I would love to have seen Cheick win it I fully believe that SP deserves it more.

Can anyone name a player who has been any better for the season?

People in here need to take the blinkers off, parker has been phenomenal this season, without doubt among the best 3 players and its a well deserved award as far as I'm concerned.

:thup:

2 Words

Southern Press

2 words BULL SHIT

He has been excellent this season and as much as I would love to have seen Cheick win it I fully believe that SP deserves it more.

Can anyone name a player who has been any better for the season?

Nani, Nasri, Tevez, Vidic, Adam, Baines, Colo..?

Sorry like, but both awards have been a joke. Neither Bale nor Parker have been the best. IMO, the stand out players this season have been Nasri, Van Der Vaart and Yaya Toure. All for different reasons.

Wilshere winning the YP award was spot on mind.

This is like when Ginola got the same award playing for Spurs outside the top four, after playing in a side that nearly won the title and getting frig all.

Should call it Cockernee Player of the Year.

This is like when Ginola got the same award playing for Spurs outside the top four, after playing in a side that nearly won the title and getting frig all.

Should call it Cockernee Player of the Year.

Parker will surely be sold this summer, regardless, and this is just to up his price. Allegedly.

Parker's a very honest and affable guy. The media will love dealing with him, and this has obviously been a factor.

He's had a magnificent season mind you, and i'm pleased for him. One of the game's good guys and a very good player.

I'm genuinely embarrassed by you lot. 

Burn this thread, burn it.

Why? Because you disagree with some people?

Sort of the whole point of the forum tbh. :(

It's the extent to which I disagree with people in this thread. 

I'm particularly embarrassed by the foundations of the arguments in here.

I'm genuinely embarrassed by you lot. 

Burn this thread, burn it.

Why? Because you disagree with some people?

Sort of the whole point of the forum tbh. :(

It's the extent to which I disagree with people in this thread. 

I'm particularly embarrassed by the foundations of the arguments in here.

It's popularity contest imo. If you think Parker's been the best player in the league then fair enough but at least let people disagree! :lol:

what a load of bull the so called inspiration for west ham and where would they be without him (2 common cliches thrown about when any pundit discusses parker) news flash west ham are still 2nd bottom and could quite easily be bottom full stop come the end of the season and this who they choose as they're player of the year ahead of many players who've been better than him baines for everton, miles better than parker. Tevez or yaya toure for city, nani or vidic for man u, brunt of wba (who has really impressed me this season) and thats even before considering barton colo nolan or tiote for us.

looks good because of the shite around him nothing more