SSN: Scott Parker gets Football Writers' Player of the Year

Interpolic

People in here need to take the blinkers off, parker has been phenomenal this season, without doubt among the best 3 players and its a well deserved award as far as I'm concerned.

he is not, and has never been among the 3 best players in the country. I know this kind of debate all comes down to personal preference, but thats fact, Scott Parker was not among the best 3 players in the Premiership last season.

Regardless of the fact he's a nice guy, and deserves a bit of recognition, this award is just wrong.

I'll reiterate, we underrate Parker a lot due to our experience with him.

Granted, he's definitely not the best player in the Premiership. Just a pretty good player who's worth is being well overinflated because he's probably the best-performing English midfielder in the league.

Grossly underrated here simply because the team had no form and coherence whatsoever. Like James Milner (and Enrique, in his early days), he looked worse simply because the other players would run into hiding when he got the ball.

Edit: So yeah, it's the "looks good because of the shite around him" argument in reverse.

I've seen him a few times this season and while he's been better than the shite around him he's never been "phenomenal" as Oscar said. He's the midfielder of choice for daft twats who believe that Barca would struggle with the physicality of the English game and that the Premier League is the best in the world. Old fashioned player from the south and consequently he's bummed by the London media.

We're a whole ten places ahead of them but Scott Parker wouldn't get into our strongest starting XI and I'd challenge anyone to say otherwise.

To be honest, I think that this is what happens when you have a season where there have been no consistent stand out players for the season.  All of the other so called contenders like Nani, Nasri etc have blown hot and cold all season.  Scott Parker has stood out from the shit around him in his team for most of the season which has made his stock a lot higher then it would have done had someone been banging in close to 40 goals this year or tearing teams a new arsehole in midfield week after week.

At least Paul Scholes didn't get the award as it looked like from the mass bumming session and wankathon from the in the early weeks of the season.

Brunt and Yaya Toure. f*** off. :lol:

What's wrong with Toure like?

He's not had a great season at all.

Well if the benchmark is Scott Parker then I would say he's have a pheonominal season. And although people don't like to hear it, Nigel De Jong has been far better than Parker this season.

Don't know which has more bias - these awards or this forum.

I don't see why none of our lot got a sniff at any of these things when you've got Bale, Parker and Meireles winning them.  Carroll not even nominated for the young players award.  Meireles is a daft one since he was shit before Christmas from what I saw but I suppose he's scored a handful of eye-catching goals since then, which is apparently enough.  If that's true that David Luiz got second place then it's pathetic.  They should just bin these things now.

Turns out that PFA award was based on the winners of each Player of the Month award.

Yeah, just read that they could pick out of the players of the months for the season.

They still could have picked Nasri or Berbatov though (or Torres).