Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

What does "nee blasties" mean? No hard shots (when you play football with friends for fun)?

I wish I was english so I could use that expression, it's amazing.

Correct, particularly from short distance.

Cheers :thup:

What does "nee blasties" mean? No hard shots (when you play football with friends for fun)?

Do you know of, "rush keeper", "5 pots in" and "maker taker" ?

Playing in front of garage doors, nee blasties was important as the noise was thunderous and the locals would call the police, who would then chase us round the streets til they gave up. :lol:

Cuppas and, heads and volleys

Cuppas ? Would that be World cup singles/doubles etc ? (I'm still the reigning cup holder of beach world cup singles from when all the lads used to go on holiday every may, close on 20yrs I've held that title now)

Need to set the rules down for heads'n'volleys as there were loads of variations depending on where you lived.

Playing in front of garage doors, nee blasties was important as the noise was thunderous and the locals would call the police, who would then chase us round the streets til they gave up. :lol:

Garages was brilliant, surpised Sky sports hasn't made it for the summer. We played in a park where there were no garages but it was still called that.

Asking mates about these and whilst we know "rush keeper", we are guessing that "maker taker" refers to an instance that if you make the penalty you take it and the best thing we can come up with for "5 pots in" means if you either score 5 goals as an outfield player, you go in goal or if as a keeper you let 5 in then someone else takes a turn in goal.

Are we close?

Asking mates about these and whilst we know "rush keeper", we are guessing that "maker taker" refers to an instance that if you make the penalty you take it and the best thing we can come up with for "5 pots in" means if you either score 5 goals as an outfield player, you go in goal or if as a keeper you let 5 in then someone else takes a turn in goal.

Are we close?

Better than close, spot on. 5 Pots in being you score 5 then it's your turn ion goal when in a 3 man game, 1 V 1 with a keeper.

Cuppas ? Would that be World cup singles/doubles etc ? (I'm still the reigning cup holder of beach world cup singles from when all the lads used to go on holiday every may, close on 20yrs I've held that title now)

Need to set the rules down for heads'n'volleys as there were loads of variations depending on where you lived.

cuppas- would be knock out singles- 1 keeper- any amount of outfield- you score your through- last person left is out, and then a next round til 1 on 1 final.

cuppas- would be knock out singles- 1 keeper- any amount of outfield- you score your through- last person left is out, and then a next round til 1 on 1 final.

Aye, world cup singles we called it, also played in doubles format.

Oh and in some areas it was "nee blammas"

think the term we actually used was blastas tbh.

Been on this subject before, some areas ended things with -a, some areas -y. Newbiggin hall was an -y area, nicknames, slang terms etc, West Denton was an -a area. Bonna neet, Bonny neet etc.

Been on this subject before, some areas ended things with -a, some areas -y. Newbiggin hall was an -y area, nicknames, slang terms etc, West Denton was an -a area. Bonna neet, Bonny neet etc.

aye, we had blastas, bonna neet, snadga,

Nicknames tended to end in -y, Snadga though, that was just a word that ended in 'a', it was never a snadgy.

Nicknames tended to end in -y, Snadga though, that was just a word that ended in 'a', it was never a snadgy.

aye true- it just came up when i thought about bonna neet.