Arsene Wenger

Parky

Bit strange that only a third of teams have won their final home game so far (from nine). Not many going out on a high.

Wonder if the Arsenal fans get as much stick as we would if it were us.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Bit strange that only a third of teams have won their final home game so far (from nine). Not many going out on a high.

Of course not, Arsenal fans are completely justified to walk out on their team, they haven't won anything for 6 years. Were as us stupid Northern inbreds have unrealistic expectations and we can't wait to boo our players.

Of course not, Arsenal fans are completely justified to walk out on their team, they haven't won anything for 6 years. Were as us stupid Northern inbreds have unrealistic expectations and we can't wait to boo our players.

Those poor LONG suffering Arsenal fans.

They need someone who can get stuck in and win the ball with thumping tackles. Someone who is committed to the cause, never gives up, never stops running, doesn't need time to adjust to English football and is already established and experienced at the highest levels. They need a leader on and off the pitch who can rally his teammates and inspire them when the chips are down, to lead by example and show the youngsters how it's done. They need Alan Smith.

We are a lesser team when Puyol isn't on the pitch (and I fear about replacing him as much as Xavi). Seems silly, but these kind of characters are essential in a winning squad.

Other than that, I admire Wenger a lot, just seems to have grown way too proud as of late. Seems he wants to win the league with "his" players, the ones he can claim to have discovered and developed, instead of mixing it up as it was with the Invincibles squad. Also to be successful (consistent top 4 finishes I call successful) in England playing that kind of football is something to be commended.

No, he's a great manager, far from a joke. He could maybe do with a new start elsewhere though.

A new start would be ridiculous for him somewhere, management will be over when he leaves Arsenal and i think he will go into somewhere (PSG) as a DOF type man.

Why would it be ridiculous, he could bring his ideas anywhere willing to accept them. I bet Madrid will still be happy to go for him again if Jose leaves in the summer.

Real Madrid are the last club on earth that would accept his methods. He'd have been sacked long ago there (and any other big club).

He was linked to Real Madrid 234123454356342 times during the first Galáctico era, after they sacked Del Bosque. He's not been in the cards since Pérez started his second stint, though.

I agree it would be a terrible match.

Has to spend money this season. Wasting the quality/potential of some of the players in the squad by playing the alongside mediocre players.

Need two centre-backs, a left-back to replace Clichy, a goalkeeper, a winger to replace Arshavin and a striker to be a squad player.

Big ask for Wenger.

Need a squad goalkeeper to replace Almunia, 1 CB who is top quality then we have 3 top CBs plus decent supPort from Koscielny, I don't think LB is a priority although Clichy has been poor at times. We've been strongly linked to this guy http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Vertonghen what i've read he sounds good but I'm not gonna lie and say I've seen him play every week. Anybody know any more about him?

We NEED a CM to cover for Song especially because the ACN is this year and Denilson is shite, Diaby is better off the striker for me Ramsey could play it but ideally we need one.

We also need 2 Wingers as cover or first choice after Walcott and Nasri, I'd love to see Elia come in, every time I see him I want him playing for us and I wonder if our "fourth choice" winger could be Oxlade-Chamberlaine?

As for a striker I think we should get rid of Bendtner for his sake and ours, we need another RvP who can stay fit or at least be fit when the other is injured, I can't think of another player like him out there. If we could get a full season out of him I think we'd win the league, he's a game changer and his 17 goals in 16 games in the league this year since he's been back fit have been brilliant. (20 in 22 in all comps)

I think Wenger needs to buy some tough english centrebacks and an english midfield growler to accompany his talented youngsters.

To stop them getting bullied.

I think Wenger needs to buy some tough english centrebacks and an english midfield growler to accompany his talented youngsters.

To stop them getting bullied.

Don't think being English has much to do with it, but you're right he does need a couple of leaders.

Aye I agree, if we had (don't say that name on here!) De Jong and Komoany this season we would have won the league, despite having calamity Manuel in goal.

He's only just signed a couple of CBs, can't see him signing more than one more. He needs a top striker really, as Van Persie is class but always injured.

Van Persie has scored 17 league goals since January ...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye I agree, if we had (don't say that name on here!) De Jong and Komoany this season we would have won the league, despite having calamity Manuel in goal.

Here's an honest question:

Do you think your 3rd choice GK is better than Harper/Krul?

Here's an honest question:

Do you think your 3rd choice GK is better than Harper/Krul?

Well no, our third choice is Lehmann/Almunia so no, second choice is Fabianski and I'd rather either of your keepers on our bench than him at the moment.

All these additions will give the side added MENTAL TOUGHNESS! A late goal to secure a 1-1 draw at home to Wolves on the opening day will show how tough your squad really is.

Jerzy Dudek is available.

Wenger should sign him so that he can feature a tri-setup of Polish goalkeepers.

Szczęsny

Fabianski

Dudek

:pedro:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised by that, he bought Poom in as an ageing cover a few years back and we will need another 3rd choice for next season if the expected happens and Almunia is sold/swapped for magic beans and Hull get Mannone be it a season long loan or buy him.

He's only just signed a couple of CBs, can't see him signing more than one more. He needs a top striker really, as Van Persie is class but always injured.

Van Persie has scored 17 league goals since January ...

I know, shame he didn't play any games before that or they might have done better in the league.