Your worst visit to an away ground?

Guest michaelfoster

sheffield united last season  drank about 4 special k's before kick off next thing i know i wake up in sheffield hospital about 3am with no money and my train tickets are out of date.

Ended up speaking to some hobo  in the hospital  and some other bloke who claimed to be joe calzaghe's trainer.

spent the journey home in the toilets

That sounds like a story you need to expand on!

I could write a book on that day to be honest mate.

Do a madras

sheffield united last season  drank about 4 special k's before kick off next thing i know i wake up in sheffield hospital about 3am with no money and my train tickets are out of date.

Ended up speaking to some hobo  in the hospital  and some other bloke who claimed to be joe calzaghe's trainer.

Do a madras

How would that help?

Do a madras

aye gan on. sounds like a good day out.

Come to think of it, Sheffield United away last season wasn't that great either, mainly because I sat in the home end and I honestly thought the Sheffield United fans were all dicks and I went to the game with 2 people I hated.

I'm somewhat happy that they're going to be relegated to League 1.

EDIT: I actually went to the game with a group of mates, the 2 people I mention above were flatmates from uni.

Back in the Dark Ages, before the Motorway network was anywhere near complete, I went to Southampton by bus - left Central Station at midnight, discovered we didn't have a bottle opener on board as we left Gateshead.  arrived Southampton at 11:00, got into a fight by 13:00, stuck in that shitty old ground, we were grim and got beat 3-1

back at Central at 06:30 on  Sunday

Not a wonderful trip TBH

Guest jeffers09

Also remember spending the whole of the bristol city game in the bogs throwing up after drinking to much and my brother having to carry me to the station as no taxi would stop over with the station being quite a distance didnt even know the score untill i got home.

And get arrested at west brom last year soon as i walked in for giving the wanker sign to the away end,remember there being quite a few arrested that day and everyone going crazy in the cell when Duff scored.

Funnily enough, Sheffield United was one of my better trips, surprised so many people have had bad experiences..

Agreed was good last season, cracking night out as well that ended up with partying on the streets

I used to live a couple of streets away from old Ayresome Park and it wasn't that bad (I was at Teesside Uni for 4 years) Honestly before Robson turned up, you would see more Toon shirts than Boro around the town centre on any given day. I never had any grief down there as a Mag - just my own experience though.

I've been undercover in Boro bars a few times when we've been at the Riverside. As long as you dont wear colours and keep your head down, it's no bother.

i go to uni in boro every day and i carried an nufc bag on my back for the first year of it, no-one batted an eye lid. i see nufc tops there pretty much every day.

Guest jonnyameobi

Coach isn't that bad man, although if you've been doing it all your life your probably sick of it now. If your younger like me you can learn to put up with some knackers and just get your head down for an hour.

I done Swansea last season on coach and I'll admit I sort of felt suicidal, and yes it was with the backpage

aye, been there done that..... never again with back page!

Guest scottishmag54

Sheffield United away was one of my fave away games last season and a canny night out after it

Promotion season in the early 1990s away to Peterbrough...CP40 takes me and a mate down, i think we were about 16 at the time.

Crushed into the shed end, blazing hot heat, i get sun stroke or summik and ended up lying on the floor stiff as a board and unable to move, toon fans pissing next to me.

CP40 turns round "i'm never taking you to an away match AGIAN!"

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest north shields lad

The following spring to mind

The dell

Plough lane

filbert street

Loftus rd

all in the 80s, when it was pissing down and you could not see. A notable shout must go to a certain visit to goodison park, where i ended up in hospital.

Guest Howaythetoon

Away days are all about the company you keep and the drinking. Often the result and or performances are secondary to that. For me anyway.

Promotion season in the early 1990s away to Peterbrough...CP40 takes me and a mate down, i think we were about 16 at the time.

Crushed into the shed end, blazing hot heat, i get sun stroke or summik and ended up lying on the floor stiff as a board and unable to move, toon fans pissing next to me.

CP40 turns round "i'm never taking you to an away match AGIAN!"

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

was the mate not spence?  remember it well, i turned up at central station with mates , but couldnt get train ticket- they had all pre booked. so un-detered I jumped in my Golf GTi and flew down the A1 doing anything up to 110, gimp and mate came along. Gimp spazzed out at the match.

Guest Wearside

I've been to a load of the so called intimidating grounds like Millwall,West Ham,Cardiff,Leeds etc but I can honestly say that Boro is easily the worst away day out there,was only young when I went to Ayresome but the new ground is just as bad and you get no protection at all from the police and that long road from the train station to the ground is horrendous and the Boro lot just pick you off at will if you don't have your wits about you.

Never really had much bother at Newcastle,few missiles being thrown but that's about it,police much better organised up here.

I've been to a load of the so called intimidating grounds like Millwall,West Ham,Cardiff,Leeds etc but I can honestly say that Boro is easily the worst away day out there,was only young when I went to Ayresome but the new ground is just as bad and you get no protection at all from the police and that long road from the train station to the ground is horrendous and the Boro lot just pick you off at will if you don't have your wits about you.

Never really had much bother at Newcastle,few missiles being thrown but that's about it,police much better organised up here.

boro police used to stop coaches and vans next to a huge patch of wasteland (cue jokes) where the boro hooligans were and say if you wanted a go they wouldn't intervene.

Guest daniel c

on route to that millwall game in 88 got all the way to north london when the coach broke down tried to get to the old den no taxi would take us as soon as we mentioned south london taxi drivers would look scared and drive off had to wait for a replacement bus the majority of us ended up staying in the  boozer all afternoon some did get to the game but not til halftime also my pal has been to loads of away grounds like boro, mackems leeds chelsea and the like never really had a lot of bother until barnsley he got a kicking and had his jumper nicked

on route to that millwall game in 88 got all the way to north london when the coach broke down tried to get to the old den no taxi would take us as soon as we mentioned south london taxi drivers would look scared and drive off had to wait for a replacement bus the majority of us ended up staying in the  boozer all afternoon some did get to the game but not til halftime also my pal has been to loads of away grounds like boro, mackems leeds chelsea and the like never really had a lot of bother until barnsley he got a kicking and had his jumper nicked

Me and a mate were possibly on that coach too. Was a "Magpie travel" coach we were on. I think it was somewhere near Old Street station, possibly Shoreditch? Managed to get a taxi with a few more Geordies and as you say, got in for nowt at half time, just in time to see Millwall complete the 4-0 rout. Got our coach fare back from the club too. Disastrous day, but a bit of an adventure, which ultimately cost us very little.

Guest Toon Saint

Me and a mate were possibly on that coach too. Was a "Magpie travel" coach we were on. I think it was somewhere near Old Street station, possibly Shoreditch? Managed to get a taxi with a few more Geordies and as you say, got in for nowt at half time, just in time to see Millwall complete the 4-0 rout. Got our coach fare back from the club too. Disastrous day, but a bit of an adventure, which ultimately cost us very little.

And Rob McDonald had a goal chalked off to make the day even worse.  :-[

''You'll never take the Geordies' was song of the day. :knuppel2:  :coolsmiley: