European U21 Championship

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would expect there to be very clever men assisting Pearce in setting the team up?  I'd also expect Pearce to be a superb motivator.

Friend's guess at the line-ups:

de gea

azpilcueta

dominguez

mikel san jose

Jose angel valdes

javi martinez

parejo

thiago

adrian

bojan

mata

v

fielding

mancienne

bertrand

smalling

jones

muamba

henderson

rodwell

rose

welbeck

sturridge

Anyone know if they're accurate?  Looks moist.

England U21: Fielding; Walker Smalling Jones Bertrand; Cleverley Henderson Mancienne Rose; Welbeck; Sturridge

#Spain: De Gea; Montoya, Botia, Alvaro Dominguez, Villa Rosello; Thiago Alcantara, Javi Martinez, Herrera; Mata, Adrian, Jeffren.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looking forward to the England match later although if England do well I suspect it will will in spite of Pearce not because of him.

You don't rate Pearce as a manager?

Looking forward to the England match later although if England do well I suspect it will will in spite of Pearce not because of him.

Anybody who has a pre-ordained move to play their keeper upfront in a must win game ahead of a striker on the bench worries me.  Didn't exactly do a lot beyond his initial good spell at City either.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not at all.

I can imagine he's best suited as the manager of a youth international team. Loves his country, doesn't have to do too much in depth training himself, motivator and leadership. Probable good management.

You need somebody like that in your management team, but only if balanced with an equally respected assistant who knows the technical and tactical side of the game inside-out.

The partnership can work both ways.

Is Steve Wigley a tactical mastermind these days?

England's midfield need to get in amongst them early on. Mancienne especially will be key, needs to keep Thiago quiet.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fatboy Slim should really do a remix of our National Anthem. Its so slow and boring. He'd jazz it up. And who wouldn't want to see Christopher Walken do a funky dance with cowbells to it?