Cheikh M'Bengue

Dr Venkman

If this Pieters bid fails, do you reckon we will come back in for him? Or is this over and done with?

I'm pretty sure he was our preferred choice initially so if we are now in for Pieters we must have been priced out.

Priced out? Ffs :lol:

I'm all for being sensible financially but we've recently sold about £50m worth of players and freed god-knows how much off the wage bill. Perish the thought that we pay decent money for anyone.  :angry:

If he's the preferred choice, get him in.

So say they want £10m for a player we think is worth £5m.. just get him in?

Obviously there's a limit, and obviously I'm speculating wildly, but I feel our limits are hindering us in progressing.

Like I say, I base this on nothing more than conjecture, but I don't think it's too much of a leap to think we're very easily scared off when we find out how much players want and end up going for the cheap option far too often. Unless we're incredibly lucky then it WILL bite us on the backside, sooner rather than later.

Gervinho -> Barnetta -> Obertan

Gameiro -> Ba

M'Bengue -> Pieters

Erdinc -> Probably end up with Carlton sodding Cole

There's a pattern there. It doesn't take a genius to work out what it is.

Some could argue that certain players never wanted to come here in the first place (Gameiro, Gervinho) but most players will go anywhere if the price is right and ours hasn't been in too many cases so far this window. I'm not advocating a return to the exploits of Fat Fred, but we seem to have swung too far the other way with Ashley determined to replicate the Sports Direct philosophy inside St James' Park.

Like you say there's a lot of conjecture there.  Also it was reported a few times that we had fees agreed for Gervinho and Gameiro so I'm not sure being stingey on a fee can be used there, at the end of the day Arsenal came in for one so we didn't have a chance and the other wanted to stay in France.  I can see what you mean of course, I'm still confused at what exactly happened with the Barnetta deal.  Unless we believed Barton was about to leave at the time and his deal fell through.

I would prefer Pieters. I am almost 99% certain this is the guy I saw a clip a while ago where he went in horizontally studs showing and broke a players leg. Shocking red-mist challenge in an otherwise bland match from memory. Don't need someone who will get lots of bans.

I would prefer Pieters. I am almost 99% certain this is the guy I saw a clip a while ago where he went in horizontally studs showing and broke a players leg. Shocking red-mist challenge in an otherwise bland match from memory. Don't need someone who will get lots of bans.

:lol:

Fkn Hell. Think i'm losing the plot here.

I think the forum has finally broken in mental insanity.

Can't find the first clip of the horizontal one but this is the second one he did....

http://www.taclealagorge.com/2009/03/tacle-de-mbengue-sur-alonso/

First suspension

After just a few matches into the CFA 2007-08 season, M'Bengue was embroiled in controversy. While playing in a match against the second team of AS Monaco, he committed a dangerous foul on an opposing player. He was swiftly given a yellow card, however, after realizing the severity of the player's injury, the referee decided to send off M'Bengue. The French Football Federation responded by suspended him 13 matches, which effectively made him ineligible for play until March 2008.[4]

Second suspension

M'Bengue was one of the main bright spots during the club's successful play during the season. However, on 14 March 2009, he would be involved in another incident. Coincidentally, while playing against the Monaco senior team in a league match, M'Bengue committed another rough foul, this time on the Argentine midfielder Alejandro Alonso. He received a yellow card for the tackle and Alonso was eventually ruled out for the season. In response to the tackle, the FFF again suspended M'Bengue until 1 June, which ruled him out for the rest of the season.[6]

FYI:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8408/elano1076609a.jpg

That's an international match the first one he did was a league match. Think of that Palacious horizontal challengue going in but snapping the leg from a long run up. Pretty sure it was this kid.

Can't find the first clip of the horizontal one but this is the second one he did....

http://www.taclealagorge.com/2009/03/tacle-de-mbengue-sur-alonso/

Jesus ...

Okay, let's not get this guy.

FYI:

That's an international match the first one he did was a league match. Think of that Palacious horizontal challengue going in but snapping the leg from a long run up. Pretty sure it was this kid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you joking? Please tell me you are.

FYI:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you joking? Please tell me you are.

No it just sticks in my mind. Right winger had ball at feet. This kid was about 15-20 feet away, picks up speed, launches himself full pelt and snaps opposition players leg. Was a ridiculous challenge.

FYI:

Cheick out that picture again mate.