Do you know who I am?

Haz

One that springs to mind - not an NUFC player, is Cisse when he was at Liverpool. He walked into a garden centre near Winsford that my mate worked at, and asked if they sold parrots, becoming pretty incensed when they explained that they didn't. Pretty sure he spat out the tagline too.

Guest BooBoo

Steven Taylor once bowled over to a lass I know in Tiger Tiger and said, "Hi. Call me Tayls."

I must say that Andy Carroll before he made it waited in the chip shop queue with his lass and ordered two lots of chips with a minimum of fuss.

Fair play to the lad. Even I often refuse to wait in a chip shop queue, and I order far more than two lots.

So yesterday my son is in the Jesmond Starbucks, in a queue.  In walks Sol Campbell and strides up to the counter.  "Hoo mate" said my son, "there's a queue".

Campbell actually said "Do you know who I am?"

"Yes" replied my son "Unfortunately I do".

Campbell tuts and walks to the end of the queue.  What planet are these guys on?  I can't believe there are still people, especially footballers, still full of their self importance.

Anyone have other stories about footballers up their own arses?

:lol:

Just out of curiosity, how old is your son?

Still a good story, but would be a lot funnier if he were >15

So yesterday my son is in the Jesmond Starbucks, in a queue.  In walks Sol Campbell and strides up to the counter.  "Hoo mate" said my son, "there's a queue".

Campbell tuts and walks to the end of the queue.  What planet are these guys on?  I can't believe there are still people, especially footballers, still full of their self importance.

Nile Ranger said the exact same words to my mate in a nightclub in town after he refused to move out of his way. Idiot.

Guest BooBoo

Back at the start of the season after a Newcastle game (might have been Blackpool), my mate was in the City Takeaway about 2am and Andy Carroll was in with his G(ateshead)-Unit. One of the entourage starting hassling my mate saying if he was looking at Carroll he'd get chinned as they were on the lookout for reporters.

I'm sure all undercover journos patrol the chippies of the toon in the middle of the night looking for scoops.

Not exactly the same, but Shearer was the only player who wouldn't sign an autograph when I was mascott as a bairn.  :no:

Ranger was a prick the other week, just looked at me like a piece of shit. At this precise moment, I decided he was shit and a fully fit Heza09 could probably mark him out of the game.

Guest BooBoo

Ranger was a prick the other week, just looked at me like a piece of shit. At this precise moment, I decided he was shit and a fully fit Heza09 could probably mark him out of the game.

I think you could mark him, although the smiley face lip tattoo would evade your attentions to steal in at the near post.

Once again Sol Campbell gets his positioning and anticipation all wrong...

Not exactly the same, but Shearer was the only player who wouldn't sign an autograph when I was mascott as a bairn.  :no:

Got a personally signed picture of Shearer and a calendar signed by SBR and the rest of the 2000/2001 squad as my Mam knew the boy wonder that was Carl Serrant :lol:

Total prick, like. How did he refuse? Did he run screaming to the referee?