Chelsea 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/05/11 - post match reaction from page 30

Dave

I was impressed.  Away at Stamford Bridge.  Makeshift midfield.  Shit strikers.  Then Chelsea score before I can settle in.  The players could have packed it in right then but they didn't.  Then after Chelsea score late the players could have consoled themselves nt at they played hard and only lost 2-1 but they push on and get the equalizer.

If Fat Bastard doesn't recognize that he has something legitimate to build on, he is well and truly stupid.  There is a good core of players with spirit.  There is some young talent coming through the ranks.  Show some ambition, bring in some strikers.  Add some depth.  Resign Enrique and Barton.

It's right there staring him in the face.  He's got to see it.

I thought Barton put in a terrific performance in his return to center midfield yesterday, some fantastic tackles on Lampard, McEachren and Ramires he made sure Chelsea's three man midfield didn't over run us I hope he has played his last game on the right for us it was extremely successful with Carroll up there but he hasn't been effective on the right since the big number 9 has left I hope Pardew starts Barton next season alongside Tiote and brings in a more quick natural winger to play on the right.

Don't be too hard on Krul today. He was positive all game coming off his line to clear and whilst he got it wrong for their second goal; every young keeper has to learn. Keep the faith.

Spot on. His learning curve as of late has been quite steep, and he still has more to go. Having said that, I'm glad that he made such a mistake in a relatively meaningless game, rather than one where we were expected to win. Potential to be a top keeper imo.

Did Gutierrez really start almost up front just behind Ameobi? The pre-match lineup seemed to have him in the middle, with Lovenkrands out wide on the right. Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, but what did people make of it? I thought he had a busy game as always, but was more effective in keeping the Chelsea back 4 occupied and on their toes! Not a bad option at all!

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Man Utd - 1 point

Chelsea - 2 points

Arsenal - 4 points

Man City - 0 points

Liverpool - 3 points

10 points from 10 matches against the top teams.

We alwasy do good against better teams but how many points we did get against the worst 5 teams in the league?

The bottom five atm:

Birmingham - 6

Wolves - 4

Blackpool - 1

Wigan - 4

West Ham - 6

21 points from 10 games

So...we have 14 points in 17 games against the middle 10. That is bizarre. I've heard of clubs that play up or down to their competition. But I've never heard of a club that falls apart against any club roughly as good as itself.