Sammy Ameobi released

James

Have a feeling he will surprise a few people tonight.

You, his mum, dad, useless brother and nobody else would be my guess.

Looks like he surprised quite a few people other than the ones you mentioned. Might even have surprised you a little in the first half particularly, but even if he did, you wouldn't come out and admit it, would you?

He did OK at times. It's still beyond an embarrassment that he's starting games for us in the PL.

This one is not going to swing your way, mate. The lad is class.

Have a feeling he will surprise a few people tonight.

You, his mum, dad, useless brother and nobody else would be my guess.

Looks like he surprised quite a few people other than the ones you mentioned. Might even have surprised you a little in the first half particularly, but even if he did, you wouldn't come out and admit it, would you?

He did OK at times. It's still beyond an embarrassment that he starting games for us in the PL.

That's more to do with a lack of investment from the club owner, than with a supposed lack of talent you so often allude to. Tonight was a perfect example of what Sammy Ameobi is capable off. He's not the polished article by a long stretch, but he brings some useful qualities to the table, and as a home grown player he will probably be here for years to stay. He's never really let us down in the odd cameo he has been involved in, and has shown glimpses of being a good wide forward, a position where we hardly have an embarrassment of riches. Guess I just struggle to see why the majority on here are practically wanting the boy to fail at this club, other than his family association to the much derided (and rightly so I might add) Shola.

Superb post. :thup:

Not sure if we have enough players not to start him today but if we do he would be a very useful sub for the last 30 minutes or so. If he can come on and perform like he did against Norwich in the first half but against tired legs he could really cause a lot of problems at a time we normally start to fade.

Couldn't believe it when he went off (well I could really), tried a bit too hard at times but at least he was trying and nearly got us through a couple of times.

Absolute joke. one of the only players up for it and looking like getting something.

Guest bimpy474

Couldn't believe it when he went off (well I could really), tried a bit too hard at times but at least he was trying and nearly got us through a couple of times.

Wasn't well all week the cunt of a manager said, might have been feeling it.

Looked good again today. Subbed by the coward though is no surprise.

:thup:

Couldn't believe my eyes when he went off for Shola. Obviously I'm not his biggest fan and still think Marv should be ahead of him, but he's twice the player his brother is and since we're only playing for eight anyways I'd love to see him get a run of games.

Looked good when he was involved today, always looks like he's losing control of the ball, but in some weird manner gets it with him.

Also loved how he chased down and tackled when someone tried to let the ball go out for goal kick, didn't think he had that in him.