Newcastle United 3 - 3 West Brom - 22/05/11 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Guest BooBoo

:lol:

Honestly could give a fuck, silly to lose a big lead like that but the game meant nothing.

The important stuff starts now tbh.

I think the manner of drawing, the unprofessionalism of the last twenty minutes and dropping three places, meaning that lot now finish above us, is very disappointing. It's been a good first season back, but lets not pretend today hasn't been a sour ending.

To throw away 9th and a 3 goal lead to end up 12th means something. £800K per Premier League placing. Attracting players is easier if you can say you finished in the top half rather than the bottom half.

You should never give a player game time out of sympathy or loyalty. Be gone Alan Smith. Never darken our team again.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Tchoyi switched to the left

Up against Simpson instead of Jose

Enough said

Right back needs to be strengthened or we will get found out

To throw away 9th and a 3 goal lead to end up 12th means something. £800K per Premier League placing. Attracting players is easier if you can say you finished in the top half rather than the bottom half.

You should never give a player game time out of sympathy or loyalty. Be gone Alan Smith. Never darken our team again.

Is there actually any chance of Alan Smith ever leaving the club though?

Is there actually any chance of Alan Smith ever leaving the club though?

This time next year.  O0

To think he's cost this club up to £15 million ...

Tchoyi switched to the left

Up against Simpson instead of Jose

Enough said

Right back needs to be strengthened or we will get found out

Yes I really believe CB and RB need to be strengths. And two center forwards.

:lol:

Honestly could give a fuck, silly to lose a big lead like that but the game meant nothing.

The important stuff starts now tbh.

Well howay man, £2.4m (supposedly) less in the bank and finishing below Sunderland. Of course it meant something.

Pardew bemoaning having to play half-fit players today (mentioned Smith, Guthrie and Lua-Lua) If Smith and Lua-Lua are only half-fit, then why bring them on as subs, FFS?

Because the owner is a tight-arsed bastard who won't buy quality players to ensure the squad had strength in depth...presumably?

Man City boss Roberto Mancini: "It was a perfect day and makes up for all the nonsense we've had to put up with in the last few months. We've been on a terrible run but we've finished strongly and ended up 10th, which is where we wanted to be in the first place. To finish above Newcastle will put a smile on the face of everyone in Sunderland."

:dowie:

Glad to see the penny finally dropping on Simpson. Nice lad, but nowhere near good enough to be our first choice right-back. I've been biting my tongue about him all season when I've seen him getting reamed on here.

S. Taylor man of the match with a goal and two important goal line clearances. Means fuck all though since the player's minds were in Ibiza or whereever the fuck they're going for their holidays. A win today I feel would bring some team spirit and some much needed confidence going into pre-season. The new shirt is horrible by the way. Black shirt with white patches.....*jinxed*

Seriously fucking frustrating, that. Comfortable at 3-0, but you could see them nicking one or two goals. The last 45 minutes was the most half-arsed performance i've seen from us in a very long time. Annoying, cos we could be sat here having finished 9th. Ridiculous. One or two shameful performances out there today.

Glad to see the penny finally dropping on Simpson. Nice lad, but nowhere near good enough to be our first choice right-back. I've been biting my tongue about him all season when I've seen him getting reamed on here.

I think he's had some good games personally, and generally done better than expected. An upgrade would be nice, but it's not top of the priority list IMO.

I think he's had some good games personally, and generally done better than expected. An upgrade would be nice, but it's not top of the priority list IMO.

:thup: