Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Guest Stephen927

Just been interviewed on the radio.

Admitted he has a lot to learn yet. Didn't always make the right decisions and sat too deep, says with time and confidence he will play further forward. Enjoyed playing with Cabaye. Nervous to begin with, naturally.

Pardew said the team didn't always make right decision in possession and gave Abeid as an example. Says he thinks Abeid will be a very good player in time.

He hit one of the worst shots I've ever seen early doors. :lol:

Overall, I was impressed. He got around the pitch and did the simple things very well. Certainly can't remember him missing any passes.

Interesting comments from Pardew about him after the game, said first half he was being a bit too safe ('protecting himself') and in the second half we shifted him 10 yards further up the pitch which made him look much better.

After Blackburn scored, quite a few players' movement became static and few of them showed for the ball - Abeid wasn't one of them though. He was coming deep to get it because we had statues on the wings.

Guest Heneage

Brother went to the game and said he was impressed by him. Said he's better than Tiote in the sense he shifts the ball a lot quicker and doesn't dally on it. I think we always knew he had talent from the moment we signed him, and based on some of the comments on the radio it sounds like his technique is Premier League level already.

In an ideal world I'd like to usher him without the pressure of him having to replace Tiote, but I think the next 6 weeks could prove excellent in terms of his development as a player.

Brother went to the game and said he was impressed by him. Said he's better than Tiote in the sense he shifts the ball a lot quicker and doesn't dally on it. I think we always knew he had talent from the moment we signed him, and based on some of the comments on the radio it sounds like his technique is Premier League level already.

In an ideal world I'd like to usher him without the pressure of him having to replace Tiote, but I think the next 6 weeks could prove excellent in terms of his development as a player.

Don't know why people keep on comparing him to Tiote.

Guest Howaythetoon

Neat and tidy and seems an intelligent player (that daft long range shop aside). he absolutely bollocked Obertan and Simpson at one point which I think is great to see in a youngster. He looks a spit of Ben Arfa mind :D

Neat and tidy and seems an intelligent player (that daft long range shop aside). he absolutely bollocked Obertan and Simpson at one point which I think is great to see in a youngster. He looks a spit of Ben Arfa mind :D

:nods:

Guest Heneage

Don't know why people keep on comparing him to Tiote.

Because that's who he's replacing. I don't think they're even remotely similar in style of play.

Just been interviewed on the radio.

Admitted he has a lot to learn yet. Didn't always make the right decisions and sat too deep, says with time and confidence he will play further forward. Enjoyed playing with Cabaye. Nervous to begin with, naturally.

Pardew said the team didn't always make right decision in possession and gave Abeid as an example. Says he thinks Abeid will be a very good player in time.

I thought he was outstanding, especially in the first half, tired a bit towards the end.

Guest Howaythetoon

Looks a step above the likes of Gosling. I liked what I saw, far too early though of course. I don't think he's a defensive player mind, more of a deep lying anchor type who likes to get the ball, pass it and then get back into a good position where he can sweep up or get the ball back to play on again. Again he seemed really mature with his positioning and the way he barked orders at others regarding their own positions.

You'd think Gosling had played a large number of games in a row and he was 27 the way Gosling is talked about on here at times.

I don't expect big things from him if I'm honest but he is barely a notch above Smith from a number on here. Guthrie is a prime example (and I was more guilty than anyone) of writing a player off then him smearing shit in your face with latter performances.

You'd think Gosling had played a large number of games in a row and he was 27 the way Gosling is talked about on here at times.

I don't expect big things from him if I'm honest but he is barely a notch above Smith from a number on here. Guthrie is a prime example (and I was more guilty than anyone) of writing a player off then him smearing s*** in your face with latter performances.

The French bias is disgusting.

I don't expect big things from him if I'm honest but he is barely a notch above Smith from a number on here. Guthrie is a prime example (and I was more guilty than anyone) of writing a player off then him smearing shit in your face with latter performances.

He's your new one, aye?