Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

His second blog entry:

Abeid With Me: Happy For Haris

It's been a great move for me and I'm really happy in the city. I like to go out with friends, go shopping and to go to the cinema. The only thing I don't get to do here is play tennis, because I don't know where to play!

Canny.

The hell's wrong with this kid, there are loads of decent places to play. Try the Northumberland club for starters. O0

• 3 weeks later...

nufcfans NUFCfans

Mehdi Abeid feels committing his international future to Algeria can only help him push on with his career at Newcastle. (Journal) #NUFC #fb

nufcfans NUFCfans

"It is a great opportunity for me. The aim is to play first-team football on a regular basis for Newcastle United." - Abeid #NUFC #fb

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Off topic but I clicked that link and on the online clubshop theres the "1881 collection"... polo shirts with Newcastle United founded 1881.... what happened to the 1892 being the date we were founded?!

There going back to when the cricket club created the football club Stanley.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure if its mentioned anywhere else:

Mehdi Abeid

national team for 2 weeks in marocco for the qualifs of olyimpics games :) game againts senegal tomorow ,tuesday againts marocco , and friday againts nigeria :) look forward to play !

Good to see Pardew decided to let him go, needs games at a competitive level(even if its isnt very good)

Wait, if he's chosen Algeria, does that mean he'll potentially be away for African Cup of Nations in the future (i.e. next year) as well? :kinnear:

I think he chose to play for the under-23 to play in the Olympics because that won't tie him to them permanently.  Could be talking toss though.

Yeah that's right, playing for Algeria in the Olympics doesn't tie him into playing for that nation, he could still choose to represent France in full internationals.