Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

• 2 months later...

Another career ruined? Stop him getting his move to Panathinaikos, stick him on the bench a couple of games, never to be seen again but for cup games.

Really is disgraceful how our young players are treated under Pardew. The youngsters currently at the club should be asking their agents to get them out of here asap, the only way they go here is backwards to obscurity.

I'll be surprised if he plays more than 5 games this season, even taking into account a change of manager. Should have allowed this player to go play in a league he had a lot of success in last year.

Daniel Prince ‏@danielprince18  2m2 minutes ago

Mehdi Abeid also got two, and Haris Vuckic scored as Ryan Taylor made his long-awaited comeback #nufc

The Prince is back! Only a matter of time until the foren showboating charlie Janmaat is dumped for this good old fashioned RB. Dummett and Raylor ... loving it.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Colback played well and showed some promise against Man City but has been shite ever since. Can't really judge him for the same reason you can't really judge all the other signings, but I think it's fairly clear that he's a limited centre mid. The squad is absolutely all over the place and we've got a woeful manager overseeing it. Cisse might just save Pardew and, ultimately, keep us in the Premier League - which isn't something I had anticipated. We look like absolute certs for relegation, one striker aside. Just like last season.

Yay existing.

Oh, Abeid. Feel bad for the lad. He had it absolutely mint in Greece.

Hang on, I thought Colback was supposed to be good? When did he stop being a canny free transfer to being worse than Abeid? Or are people being ridiculous again?

When has he shown he's any better than abeid? He runs around a lot, and has zero assists or goals this season.

Having not watched a Newcastle match in a while, I wouldn't know. But how do you know Abeid is better? Looking at this seasons stats all he's done is get sent off, no assists either. Or is it the age old problem where a player actually gets better in the eyes of some fans by not playing?

I'm genuinely asking, btw, not being a dick.

I thought Colback played well and showed some promise against Man City but has been s**** ever since. Can't really judge him for the same reason you can't really judge all the other signings, but I think it's fairly clear that he's a limited centre mid. The squad is absolutely all over the place and we've got a woeful manager overseeing it. Cisse might just save Pardew and, ultimately, keep us in the Premier League - which isn't something I had anticipated. We look like absolute certs for relegation, one striker aside. Just like last season.

Yay existing.

Oh, Abeid. Feel bad for the lad. He had it absolutely mint in Greece.

You were mistaken he was distinctly average against Manchester city.

No goals, no assists and didn't really create anything bar a couple of decent free kicks.

Passing sideways and backwards and a couple of tackles don't make a good performance as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Geordiesned

Colback is positionally one of the worst players I've seen. He just chases the ball. Proper playground stuff. He's rubbish

I know the mackems weren't too disappointed to see him leave, but I didn't realise he was that bad!

He looks good to like your graft type of fan, as he's often on his arse chasing the ball. That aside. He's woeful. I'd be surprised if he gets an assist this season.

One of the many reasons I stopped watching was because people would constantly berate the likes of Anita for being 'shit'. How is Colback perceived by the herds inside the stadium?

Colback is positionally one of the worst players I've seen. He just chases the ball. Proper playground stuff. He's rubbish

Could that not be because how the team is set up? I don't see any players in the team looking comfortably positionally and one misplaced pass and the opposition is running at our defence whereas we have to grind teams down (doesn't happen)

I think colback is a decent player and looking at performances one of our least problems with our biggest problems being a slow, positionally piss poor cb's (again pardew because they have such a high line for no pace), wingers that don't create, some players who don't care (sissoko) and strikers who look frustrated. The biggest problem is colback is trying to actually get on the ball but doesn't have the ability of cabaye so does a lot of simple stuff because he can't drive the team forward. Hardly worst player ever, just not world class