Mehdi Abeid joins Panathinaikos

Colocho

Never saw anything from him to suggest he was going to make it as a premiership player, not even to the standard of what we've got, but that is mainly down to not being given any chances by the club.

Possibly a year too soon this, would have like to give him an extension and let him fight out for a place this year but that probably wasn't enough for him when he had this offer on the horizon.

Good luck to him.

Never saw anything from him to suggest he was going to make it as a premiership player, not even to the standard of what we've got, but that is mainly down to not being given any chances by the club.

Possibly a year too soon this, would have like to give him an extension and let him fight out for a place this year but that probably wasn't enough for him when he had this offer on the horizon.

Good luck to him.

Maybe those in charge didn't see anything either so not really worth giving him a chance.

Good luck to him.

Maybe those in charge didn't see anything either so not really worth giving him a chance.

Or they've seen more in Kemen and he's now one place closer to the first team. ???

Good luck to him.

Echo these sentiments. I believe he would have made a competent midfielder for us and last season I believe he was playing the holding role very well in that spell he had. Pretty gutted tbh.

Good luck to him.

I can forgive TT for missing a few games last season in what was a rare bright patch in club form, partly because Abeid shone in that defensive midfield role, but for the entire club to have missed that run of games is a stretch of the imagination for me. The "never seen anything to suggest he was going to make it as a premiership player" is nonsense; he looked one of our best players for that short while, before being jettisoned inexplicably, in the same way that Bigirimana shone for a short while only to disappear in the shadows again in favour of such luminaries as Dan Gosling. Anyway, I'm sad to see him go but happy for him that he's moved to a club where he may get his chance to impress once more. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw him back at a decent level playing for a good team in a few years time. 

Good luck to him.

Those guys really do know what they're doing.

• 4 months later...

The lunacy of this sale is beyond all comprehension.  :knuppel2:

I Gave up on McClaren the minute he did this, season hadn't event started :lol:

TBF the club had probably already decided.

Gotta be Carver's work, he seemed to f***ing hate him for some reason

Not having that. McClaren arrived on June 10th. Abeid's transfer didn't happen until August 21st. If he wanted to keep him he could have stopped the transfer imo.

Looking back he joined on 18th August. It should have been perfectly clear by the end of the transfer window that they'd fucked up after watching Vurn and fucking Colback play for 6 weeks even if they didn't rate Abeid.

Once again we're back questioning McClaren's judgement (which to be fair there are a considerable number of question marks over since he came to us) and/or his complicity with Charnley and co in trying to get by through the season on the bare minimum.

The lunacy of this sale is beyond all comprehension.  :knuppel2:

I Gave up on McClaren the minute he did this, season hadn't event started :lol:

TBF the club had probably already decided.

Gotta be Carver's work, he seemed to f***ing hate him for some reason

Not having that. McClaren arrived on June 10th. Abeid's transfer didn't happen until August 21st. If he wanted to keep him he could have stopped the transfer imo.

Well yeah, but knowing nothing about the bloke and having a transfer already nearly done, he might have just assumed it was fine. Not to mention Abeid already being set on leaving.

Not that it matters like, because we shouldn't have sold him. But I wouldn't pin it on McClaren specifically.

To be perfectly honest as I've just said he's made a number of seriously questionable decisions in selections, tactics and rating of players since he took over like. Surprised me how much if I'm honest.

Aside from the new lads as well I think I'd only argue Sissoko might have slightly improved / not stagnated since he came, Vurn to a degree.

Guest Roger Kint

Carvers fault? :lol: Not having that at all when SMC had two months of finding out about him.

We should report them for fielding an ineligible player anyway :hmm:

We got what 2-3 results and have not had a midfield look as solid as it did when Mehdi was playing the holding role? Was literally dictating tempo versus the likes of Yaya and Steven Gerrard and gets hurt and frozen out the team again?

Looking back he joined on 18th August. It should have been perfectly clear by the end of the transfer window that they'd fucked up after watching Vurn and fucking Colback play for 6 weeks even if they didn't rate Abeid.

Once again we're back questioning McClaren's judgement (which to be fair there are a considerable number of question marks over since he came to us) and/or his complicity with Charnley and co in trying to get by through the season on the bare minimum.

I just think that when a manager arrives he should be looking to assess every single squad player before allowing any departures, particularly for a piddling fee. This squad was nearly relegated last season, surely a manager like McClaren should fancy himself to spot something that an oaf like Carver might have missed? Just indicates to me that McClaren is a soft touch, both for his players and his bosses.

Meanwhile every other player fucks up every week but our staff love to single out and drop players we like, it's fucking weird and creepy.

No room in this team for absolute freaks and weirdos like Mehdi

Guest zicomartin

They fucked up his home grown status by sending him to Greece in the first place.  He wasnt purple enough to stay, so this decision was made a long time ago.