Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Sunderland have agreed to pay 2m for Ji Dong-Won even though he has a release clause of 800k.

His club refused to honor the release clause, calling it "too low for a player of his stature." After about two weeks of telling them they can't do that, apparently they've just given up and decided to cough up more money. :lol:

Sunderland have agreed to pay 2m for Ji Dong-Won even though he has a release clause of 800k.

His club refused to honor the release clause, calling it "too low for a player of his stature." After about two weeks of telling them they can't do that, apparently they've just given up and decided to cough up more money. :lol:

:lol: Lille could learn a few things from these Koreans...

Ujfalusi to Galatasaray

http://s5.as.com/recorte/20110620dasdasftb_41/XLCO/Ies/Ujfalusi_paso_pruebas_firmo_temporadas.jpg

There's a caption in there...

Didn't he just die?

Forest gump after a run.

Nolan Roux on his way to Liverpool for €8m according to France Football.

I'm sure we could always hijack that yet.

He's got a clause, recently been injured, French, young, quality. Tie him down Ashley. On a more serious note, I've mentioned this guy a couple of times on here. He's definitely worth a shot. Would hate to see him go to Liverpool.

Do you think he is worth £2m Oldtype?

Like I've mentioned, he's not going to be an immediate starter but he's the same age as Nile Ranger and better.

Nile Ranger is probably worth 2m.

Have you got a link to that? This daft cunt sitting opposite me doesn't believe a word, and came out with the same shite when I broke the transfer to him via your initial post.

Brest president has denied any bids for Roux. Agent doing his work I reckon.

Maybe not - the story in the article:

Roux is expected in Liverpool on Friday or Saturday. Brest asking for €8m.

Have you got a link to that? This daft c*** sitting opposite me doesn't believe a word, and came out with the same s**** when I broke the transfer to him via your initial post.

http://news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=soccer&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=241&article_id=0002047429

It won't help though it's in Korean. :lol:

Good thing I translate things for a living.

After a long transfer saga, Ji Dong-Won is set to make his new home at Sunderland.

The English Premier League club sent an official proposal indicating their intent to sign Ji Dong-Won for 3.5 million Dollars (or 3.8 billion KRW,) and Chunnam Dragons have accepted their bid. The club has said that they "just need to iron out the specifics." Sources say that Ji will receive a salary of approximately 1 million Dollars (1.1 billion KRW) per year for the next three years.

Ji's transfer saga has been one full of twists and turns.

Ji's contract had a release clause of 700,000 Dollars(750 million KRW) should any foreign team make a formal bid for him. Sunderland had already made a bid in may of 1.3 million Dollars (1.4 billion KRW), almost double that amount. Ji was also intent on a move to England. This was when we published our exclusive that Ji would be moving to Sunderland on June 1st. On the 9th, a high-ranking Chunnam official said that "Ji will eventually be allowed to go to Sunderland," all but confirming his departure.

However in the face of criticism that they were letting a prospect go for next to nothing, Chunnam began to delay. The situation was further complicated when PSV entered the race to sign Ji. With Ji also interested in PSV, Chunnam gained the leverage they needed to start tough negotiations. On the 15th, they presented Sunderland with a counter-offer, demanding nothing lower than 3.5 million Dollars in transfer fees and at least 800,000 Euros in annual salary for Ji. They also attempted to convince Ji to move to PSV instead, which presented him with a dilemma.

Now desperate, Sunderland quickly dispatched a special envoy to Korea. A member of the club's player acquisition team left from Europe on the 16th and arrived on the morning of the 17th for showdown talks with the club, the player, and his agent. An agreement was not reached during these talks. Sunderland presented a compromise of 2 million Dollars up front and a 1.5 million cut of any future transfer fees, which Chunnam rejected. After much internal discussion, Sunderland decided to accept Chunnam's ultimatum on the 20th.

Chunnam had argued from the start that they would not be letting Ji go for a low fee and demanded at least 3.5 million Dollars. This was based on the precedent of Lee Chung-Yong and Ki Sung-Yong, who left for Europe at a similar age. Lee moved for 2 million Pounds in the summer of 2009 (4.4 Billion KRW), and Ki in the winter for 2 million Euros (3.5 Billion KRW). Both had more than 3 full seasons of experience in the K-League before their moves. Although Ji has only been playing professional football for two years, Chunnam advised him against allowing Sunderland to activate his release clause, claiming that he would "not get much playing time if he moved for a low fee." Ultimately, the situation has been resolved.

Anichebe is a really bad footballer. Even worse than our English-Nigerian forward.

Far far worse. He's really dreadful. Whether that's the injuries (Nolan), lack of football having taken their toll, whatever, he looks like a bloke who's won a competition to get an appearance.

Anichebe is a really bad footballer. Even worse than our English-Nigerian forward.

Far far worse. He's really dreadful. Whether that's the injuries (Nolan), lack of football having taken their toll, whatever, he looks like a bloke who's won a competition to get an appearance.

His performance when he came on against us at St James' recently was absolutely incredible  :lol:

Baba trying to poach the 'domestic player bias' crown from oldtype. Come off it, Anichebe is an absolute joke of a footballer. He is to football what neesy is to the Oxford English Dictionary.