Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

From Wiki:

"At the age of 16, Villas-Boas (who was always a Porto supporter) lived in the same apartment block as the English Bobby Robson, who was managing FC Porto at the time. Following a debate between the two, Robson appointed Villas-Boas to Porto's observation department"

Sir Bobby's legacy lives on.

Canny way to get a job.

From Wiki:

"At the age of 16, Villas-Boas (who was always a Porto supporter) lived in the same apartment block as the English Bobby Robson, who was managing FC Porto at the time. Following a debate between the two, Robson appointed Villas-Boas to Porto's observation department"

Canny way to get a job.

That could have been me...

From Wiki:

Canny way to get a job.

Shows some balls we all have opinions but there is no way I could debate with a professional football manager especially one with the stature of Sir Bobby. Just goes to show what a man Sir Bobby was. Legend is over used in football, but is not out of place when describing SBR.

If the Villa Boas appointment stack better odds in our favour to sign Sturridge then great.

From Wiki:

Canny way to get a job.

Shows some balls we all have opinions but there is no way I could debate with a professional football manager especially one with the stature of Sir Bobby. Just goes to show what a man Sir Bobby was. Legend is over used in football, but is not out of place when describing SBR.

If the Villa Boas appointment stack better odds in our favour to sign Sturridge then great.

heard on the guardian podcast that villa boas couldnt afford the course to get his badges and bobby phoned the FA and sorted it out for him

Leeds selling Kasper Schmeichel to Leicester for £1 million.

Leicester have money to spend, we should definitely be able to flog some of our players to them.

Did Eriksson give Smith caps for England? Get him on the phone....

Good signing for Leicester. Good to see West Ham's promotion rivals also strengthening. Would love it if they stayed down.

its going to be hard to get promoted next season, Birmingham, Leicester, Forest, Reading, potentially if Leeds strengthen they could challenge Cardiff if they get their act together and sign some players and above all else West Ham will be the big scalp for the sides next season

Guest kingdawson

For me, Falcao is nailed on for Chelsea if gets the job

Torres, Drogba, Sturridge, Falcao, and Anelka...how can they accomodate all of them?

Probably sell Anelka and listen to offers for Sturridge is my guess.

For me, Falcao is nailed on for Chelsea if gets the job

Torres, Drogba, Sturridge, Falcao, and Anelka...how can they accomodate all of them?

Probably sell Anelka and listen to offers for Sturridge is my guess.

If Villas Boas uses the same styles as with Porto, he will go with 4-3-3. But the twist was that the wingers were more like inside forwards, giving them more attacking power. Falcao played as centre forward with Hulk and Varela as wingers / inside forwards.

Torres and Drogba are the type of players that would fit the centre forward spot, so no real need for them to sign Falcao. Sturridge is not a winger, but could employ that role more easily in Villas Boas' formation. I could actually see him fitting very well into his plans (same type of role as Hulk). Also Kalou and Malouda would fit very well in his system. Don't know about Anelka though, don't see him fitting too well into it.

So I would see them going for Hulk rather than Falcao.