Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I actually think Tottenham might be a surprise this season, no one expect them to be any good this season with Liverpool, City strengthening. But I think they'll manage a CL place. Of course that is if they keep Modric.

They have Sandro and VDV entering 2nd season in the PL and will be more adapted. My only concern with that team is that their striking force is shit, but I rate them higher than Arsenal (if they lose Cesc) and Liverpool who have a shit manager and some shit defenders and an overload of midfielder which I have no faith in.

Rumour Barça want Cesc to take a £1m a yer pay cut, they are not serious. Will have a lot of respect for Cesc if he goes with a pay cut though!

They have been reporting that in our press for a while and our president has alluded to it, understanding that Cesc is willing. I can believe it. Mascherano did it to come here.

Guest PhilB

Rumour Barça want Cesc to take a £1m a yer pay cut, they are not serious. Will have a lot of respect for Cesc if he goes with a pay cut though!

They have been reporting that in our press for a while and our president has alluded to it, understanding that Cesc is willing. I can believe it. Mascherano did it to come here.

One of the reasons Mash left here was because he wanted a wage rise,  he was only on 25 - 30 grand a week.  No doubt he wanted to go to Barca anyway but if he went for less wage than that I'd be surprised.  Liverpool were still under the old regime then and there wasn't any money for lots of new contracts.

Sorry, should have explained better. Mascherano took a pay cut regarding the wages in our pay scale, not Liverpool's. And Cesc will do the same, not regarding the wages he is receiving at Arsenal (that said, he's not on much less money to what we pay to our starting CMs). This still reduces the financial cost of the whole signing, which enables us to use that wage money in the transfer fee.

Di María did that for Real Madrid too.

Guest PhilB

Sorry, should have explained better. Mascherano took a pay cut regarding the wages in our pay scale, not Liverpool's. And Cesc will do the same, not regarding the wages he is receiving at Arsenal (which isn't that much lower to what we pay to our starting midfielders, though). This still reduces the financial cost of the whole signing, which enables us to use that wage money in the transfer fee.

Di María did that for Real Madrid too.

I see, I think  ;D

Being strongly rumoured that Spurs will sign 2 players from Real Madrid, one permanent and one on loan.

The popular guesses is Lass on permanent deal and Higuain/Benzema on loan.  Part of the "deal" is for Real to have first option on Modric in 2 years time for a figure set now.

No idea how accurate this is, be interesting if Spurs sign a player or two from RM in the next month or so, especially if one is permanent and the other a loan.

Being strongly rumoured that Spurs will sign 2 players from Real Madrid, one permanent and one on loan.

The popular guesses is Lass on permanent deal and Higuain/Benzema on loan.  Part of the "deal" is for Real to have first option on Modric in 2 years time for a figure set now.

No idea how accurate this is, be interesting if Spurs sign a player or two from RM in the next month or so, especially if one is permanent and the other a loan.

Cassilas and Ronaldo, tbh.

The popular guesses is Lass on permanent deal and Higuain/Benzema on loan.  Part of the "deal" is for Real to have first option on Modric in 2 years time for a figure set now.

Lunatic.

Bit of a sucky deal for Real considering he'll be playing for Chelski in the next 31 days.

Bit of a sucky deal for Real considering he'll be playing for Chelski in the next 31 days.

I've already pledged £100 to the SBR Foundation if Modric does go to the Chavs (or any other team for that matter) in this window.  You're quite welcome to pledge the same if he doesn't.

I've already pledged £100 to the SBR Foundation if Modric does go to the Chavs (or any other team for that matter) in this window.  You're quite welcome to pledge the same if he doesn't.

Jol, by any chance do you have a twitter.....

Typical bad ITK craic is that.