Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Is that last bit referring to that bizarre new league system they've adopted?

It sounds just plain, well, yeah, bizarre.

It's been binned for the time being as far as I'm aware but aye it's a farce. I don't know whether it happened in the end but I think there was planned large scale protest before Grondona and AFA backed down and changed it.

I assume it's just gone back to the same system as last season but I'm not 100%. That system is hard enough to keep up to date with it since the relegations are over a 3 season point average which has its obvious many flaws but it does have a positive in that in theory no games are pointless as you're always playing to boots your points average.

There was talk of a new Copa Argentina too, I think thats going ahead though although I don't know in what format.

f***ing hard work tbh although last season was class so I'm going to persist with the following of it.

So have River Plate managed to *cough* negotiate their way out of relegation?

Not yet.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

"El Mundo" (sort of our Daily Mail) reports that Madrid have a precontract with Neymar, with a €100m penalty clause if he intends to break it (very similar to what they did with Figo)

Its deals like that, which make feel a bit uneasy.

Guest Roger Kint

That probably paves the way for Sturridge going on loan?

Nailed on to join Bolton's broken leg club before September

Guest kingdawson

I'm guessing that Lukaku will be immediately loaned out, same as with Courtois.

He said he'll reject Chelsea if they plan to loan him out so doubt it.

Canales has completed his 2 year loan transfer to Valencia. They will have a buyout clause of 12m the first season and 15m the next, and Madrid a buyback clause of 2m more than Valencia paid.

Great deal for everyone involved, I think.

Also, as in every Real Madrid loan since Valdo tore them a new one years ago while on loan, he won't be able to play against Real Madrid.

Excuse my ignorance here, but say Valencia buy him outright can they sell him a year or so later to say Barcelona for megabucks?

Canales has completed his 2 year loan transfer to Valencia. They will have a buyout clause of 12m the first season and 15m the next, and Madrid a buyback clause of 2m more than Valencia paid.

Great deal for everyone involved, I think.

Also, as in every Real Madrid loan since Valdo tore them a new one years ago while on loan, he won't be able to play against Real Madrid.

Excuse my ignorance here, but say Valencia buy him outright can they sell him a year or so later to say Barcelona for megabucks?

Suppose Real Madrid would use their buyback clause if that was the case.

Seems like the price for goalkeepers has been rocketing up recently

This year alone we´ve seen

De Gea go to Man U £18m

Neuer to Bayern £15m

Muslera to Galatasaray £10m

Courtois to Chelsea £8m

Gago to Zaragoza £8m

Five of the 9 most expensive goalies in history have been bought this year.

lukaku to chelsea, €15m probably confirmed on monday

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2009/12/18/1225811/661335-anderlecht-039-s-romelu-lukaku.jpg

How has this lad just turned 18?! He could pass for Drogba's da.

Would be lovely but he seems to be getting a lot of time on the pitch, and seems to be playing wide right a lot so maybe they are thinking of using him differently to Lukaku.

Would be the perfect signing for us though and would happily pay through the nose for the lad. Great player. :thup: