Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest Craig-NUFC

Bring in the Hulk?

Only clubs I can see coming in for Torres will be PSG, Anzhi and possibly Athletico if they can get the money together. Outside chance of Barca?

They massively missed the boat with Aguero.

and his replacement at Atleti. Can see them going for Cavani although would he be too much? would he move (wages aside)?

For all Neymar, Hulk, Pato etc. are class they'll need a number 9 not a wide/secondary/10 forward unless Sturridge moves there and/or Lukaku steps up.

Obviously will never happen but imagine if we signed him for £20m and he returned to the days of when he was good. Liverpool would basically have paid us £15m and Torres in exchange for Carroll. :lol:

Obviously will never happen but imagine if we signed him for £20m and he returned to the days of when he was good. Liverpool would basically have paid us £15m and Torres in exchange for Carroll. :lol:

Luckily for us, Ashley loves paying £200,000 p/w wages so he's nailed on to sign.

Torres still has it imo, just not working out for him there. Can easily see him going to another club and being amazing again.

He has the ability as shows in bursts occasionally it's his desire he's lost. It's like Rafa Benitez stole it when he left Liverpool.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8026/agldag5caaajbrz.jpg

Be extremely fortunate to get that IMO.

Yeah, they would be very fortunate to get that much.

We have seen glimpses of Torres' quality at Chelsea. Of course, they're very rare glimpses but think he just needs to go to another club (possibly abroad) to try and revive his career. The price tag could have been a burden on him really.

Guest palnese

Chelsea will go for Cavani probably. Hulk is a good shout too.

Think need a striker, and Hulk is more of inside striker in 4-3-3, right?

They've already got Sturridge in that position.

Torres still has it imo, just not working out for him there. Can easily see him going to another club and being amazing again.

Aye, I think the same. Sometimes a club and a player just don't click and this seems to have been the case.

There's no doubting he's a quality player - you don't just lose that sort of thing - but the price tag has put on unnecessary pressure and he just can't settle - plus you can tell AVB doesn't really want him.

I reckon the second he moves on for a more modest fee, he'll hit form pretty quickly.

Aye, I think the same. Sometimes a club and a player just don't click and this seems to have been the case.

Not sure it's a simple as that in this case, he was turgid for Liverpool before he left.

Not sure it's a simple as that in this case, he was turgid for Liverpool before he left.

He wasn't in top form, but certainly not "turgid" either. He had 9 PL goals to his name in that awful,awful Roy Hodgson Liverpool side when he made the move, and only scored one afterwards.